JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Cannot be legally avoided, especially if you do not want to risk prison time.

That is up to you. If you want to spend time in jail, risk losing all of your guns, risk never being able to own guns again, and spend a lot of money on a lawyer whether you win or lose, then that is your choice. Not something I want to do.

The fact that you think you can "sue the state" leads me to think you don't quite understand all of the legal ramifications.

First offense is a misdemeanor and would probably not result in prison time and misdemeanors do not preclude gun ownership.

BUT having said that, I do agree with the sentiment of not wanting to be jailed or go to prison over this.

Even the people at my local gun store ask me why I would comply with this law, I get the feeling that none of them do and not many who they know do, it is just kept on the "down low" and not talked about.

Who is going to come after you? Local cops, the sheriff?, my local sheriff has stated he will not enforce this farce of a law so that leaves who, some enforcement arm of the state? or the FBI? Or maybe inslee himself will come and try to bust you....

Your fear is exactly the "chilling effect" they wished to achieve. I had a gun for sale for almost a year before I actually found some one who was willing to endure this BS.

NO MORE.

Cannot be legally avoided, especially if you do not want to risk prison time.

That is up to you. If you want to spend time in jail, risk losing all of your guns, risk never being able to own guns again, and spend a lot of money on a lawyer whether you win or lose, then that is your choice. Not something I want to do.

The fact that you think you can "sue the state" leads me to think you don't quite understand all of the legal ramifications.
Cannot what? I think you left that part out.
But yea, if you put a little ankle spin on that byatch, just add another $1000, all legal like at the local FFL paper boy.
lol

I respect each person's decision as to whether to obey unjust/unconstitutional laws (in this case the law in question is both).

But there are many such laws which we obey - e.g., most of us do not possess/manufacture/purchase or sell NFA weapons outside the constraints of the law. Most of us also obey other federal laws on firearms transfer.

IMO, any law that restricts our right to bear arms is unconstitutional and unjust, as are a number of other laws. Yet we choose to obey most of them.

You can draw the line anywhere you wish - as can I. What we choose to risk or bear is up to each of us individually and I am generally not one to judge or forestall those who draw the line somewhere that I would not. It is your personal decision.

My decision is that for the time being I will obey this law. I do not care to risk the consequences of disobedience - I have to much riding on the line to do otherwise - IMO.

YMMV.

Not sure what you are asking :s0092:

Are you asking something or just being rhetorical?

I thought I made it clear what I was referring to and why I feel the way I do.
I guess it's kinda like splay your balls, sell your bubblegume.. or not.
Insteada going all like the price of tea in China and all, like you are doing. classico
unless you got tight ankles like I likes

I haven't either - at this point in my life, until such time as the law changes, or I move to a state that doesn't have "universal BGC" laws, or something drastic happens, I won't sell any firearms, I will only buy them.

necropost.jpg

<rant>

I have a general rule I try to follow of not commenting on the price/quality/etc. of an item for sale in the "for sale" thread of an item. If I think it is priced too high or there is some other problem with value or quality or whatever, I just move on and make no comments. So I am not going to point any fingers because I can just buy elsewhere. Consider this more of a helpful hint.

That said, I can't help but notice - more frequently than I think should happen - that there are firearms for sale here at inflated prices.

That used to be somewhat okay when people were willing to pay a bit more to get a firearm without the government paperwork that came with retail purchases, but that paperwork can no longer be avoided, in Oregon or WA state, whether the sale is private or not - so there is no value for anybody over retail, in a private sale IMO.

So imagine my perturbation when I see a firearm - albeit NIB - being advertised for a good $400 over advertised retail in the classifieds here.

Why should I pay even the going retail price for a firearm I can order new online for the same price and have it delivered to my LGS, knowing for certain it has never been fired, and is guaranteed to be functional? Much less another $400+?

Sorry sellers, but even if you ask retail, if I can get it new for the same price, why should I buy it from you? I know the condition of a new firearm from the factory will be NIB because it is NIB. I don't have to make an appointment with my LGS to pay for and pickup a new gun, I just walk in and give them the plastic card and walk out with my gun.

I am not talking about "custom" or "rare" guns - although whether the customization is done right or something I want is up to me as the buyer, not you, and it isn't "rare" if I can order it online, is it? I am talking about standard easy to get firearms.

Those days of asking inflated prices for private sales are gone. You are now in competition with every online seller, local gun shop, pawn shop and every other private seller to boot. Check current prices and adjust your price accordingly (i.e., give me incentive to buy from you and not online or at the local gun shop, etc.) or I will have no inclination to buy your gun.

</rant>
Don't look at me man, I'm tryna keep me prices fair.

<rant>
I have a general rule I try to follow of not commenting on the price/quality/etc. of an item for sale in the "for sale" thread of an item. If I think it is priced too high or there is some other problem with value or quality or whatever, I just move on and make no comments. So I am not going to point any fingers because I can just buy elsewhere. Consider this more of a helpful hint.
</rant>
While I can agree with your position..here's my take. I've sold/bought here & currently have items for sale and items wanted. My biggest issue is finding a "realistic" price to sell for. I asked some questions in order to get a value but that may or may not equate into what others consider a fair or over-priced value.

If there was a singular web site or directory out there that listed what EVERY weapon/part sold for and the condition it was in so sellers could gauge the price of what they're selling and conversely the same for the buyers... I'd be a happy camper! Alas..it's not so in as near as I'm able to ascertain.

Consequently, when I list an item, I try and base the $ on what I'm able to find of exact items that sold recently (across the web) & not years back. Am I successful at gauging the market, probably not, but I have to start someplace. I figure if there's an interest, someone will offer something. Then I have a decision to make, accept, reject or negotiate.

There is and always be low-ballers and that's fine. I just say no. IE: A $400 offer on an $800 Kimber. I try to be polite, say no, and refer them to a site that reflects an actual value. Do I do this always..nope!
I hope if anyone believes my asking $'s are to high.make an offer. The worst that can happen is I can say is no.

Dan

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews