JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I have not listed a gun for sale on this forum. That said, I think it is rude troll behavior to butt into someone else's for sale thread and comment on price. If the item is not what is being offered, ie; a copy or different gun, then that is different. But if you don't like the price, move on and don't muck up the OP's sale thread. On a number of knife forums I frequent, this behavior could get you banned.

I agree but that is what makes a marketplace. People sell stuff to fund other stuff. They want too dollar. If the don't get it they drop the price or bugger off.

Happy to be in a place we can do this even if they are sometimes inflated prices

I don't know about anyone else but, over the last 4 years, I have bought, sold and traded quite a few here (not so much since SB941). When I post something, I will usually go look for recent ads and check new prices at NW Armory, Impact Firearms, and a few other places. Then I try to price lower accordingly. Occasionally, I have one or two that I may want to sell but I'm also okay with keeping if it doesn't. And, the more I'm under time constraints, the quicker I lower the price until it sells. If I'm not in a hurry, I lower it at a slower rate. I know that many times it is just a matter of being patient until that one person who is looking for what I've got may respond.

I don't mind getting offers and, the longer it has been up, the more likely I am to take the offer. But if I just posted something for $400, offering me $350 for it isn't likely going to happen. If it has been up for a month or two, then there is more of a chance I would take it.

I became a member of the Washington Arms Collectors, expecting to be able to pick up some well-cared-for guns at better than market prices. What a disappointment at most of the WAC vendor tables! And WAC wonders why the shows are drawing fewer vendors. When people can buy the same gun at a local shop for the same, or often less, money, why pay an annual membership fee so your fellow members can try to rip you off? I should make it clear, though, that I remain a member because I do like to be able to pick up the occasional rare item and also find some hard-to-find parts when needed.

I have never thought that just because "I own it" that the gun is in any way special. I try to maintain a reasonable vision of what I have, what the market is and reasonably, what the gun is worth. It is disingenuous to believe that my particular firearm is special, unless it is and has been "smithed", blueprinted or ungraded into a custom firearm in some way that adds value.

I think my _____ is worth more than new because it's got the fine patina of a well used firearm and all that rattling makes it easy to find in the dark.

I have no problem telling a person they have priced their item wrong, I try to do it tactfully and privately. I provide data, links and other info and often tell them I have no interest in the item but am just trying to help. About a 1/4 of the time people really had no idea and are thankful. About a 1/4 of the time they tell me I am a worthless turd who should mind my own business. The other half fall someplace in the middle.

Last Edited:
but that paperwork can no longer be avoided - no value for anybody over retail, in a private sale IMO.

I agree there is no "value" in a private sale over a retail new gun purchase but where you serious when you said "paperwork can't be avoided" all it takes to avoid paperwork is a buyer and seller who agree to forgo the paperwork and hand over cash for a gun. This happens a lot.

FU the gov if they don't like it.

NO-I-594-RULES-2.png

To be on the "safe" side, I recommend you just ignore I-594, but, require the purchaser to have a Concealed carry permit. I do, have one and require people who buy guns from me to have one or go through the transfer at a FFL.

If I am ever arrested and charged I will be the one who sues the state to over turn this law. I will note I only transferred a gun to some one who was already approved to own one, just as is the case now where if you have your CC you can walk out of your local gun store with your gun and not be required to suffer the waiting period.

As stated in my little graphic above "I will not comply with unconstitutional laws" but with a certain amount of common sense while doing so.

I grant any one who wishes to do so permission to use the graphic above, I also have a version without the "I will not comply" text and I also have large versions just contact me and I'll send them to you.

If I ever list a gun for sale here, you will see a small printed version of the graphic above right next to the gun in my listing photo.

Cannot be legally avoided, especially if you do not want to risk prison time.

That is up to you. If you want to spend time in jail, risk losing all of your guns, risk never being able to own guns again, and spend a lot of money on a lawyer whether you win or lose, then that is your choice. Not something I want to do.

The fact that you think you can "sue the state" leads me to think you don't quite understand all of the legal ramifications.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top