JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably just a couple of chopper jocks being cute, maybe trying to buzz a girl friends house or something stupid like that....and the Army is investigating why they were there.

"The Peninsula Daily News reports Army Col. H. Charles "Chuck" Hodges Jr. termed the episode "totally unacceptable" and added his apology. In his words, "At the very least we should have notified local authorities of the exercise."

Hodges says he has launched an investigation."

<broken link removed>

Last Wednesday, I saw what looked like two OH-58 Kiowas flying low over Seattle, one following the other. Were they "buzzing" the city? I don't know, but I haven't seen them flying over very often, or at that altitude. It didn't really bother me.

I have no idea if there's really anything to these type of events. However, they are occurring all over the Country with increasing frequency. There's lots of "training" in urban areas.

Forgive my tinfoil hat moment, but I believe there's more here than meets the eye. There's always "logical" explanations and most people accept them and promptly forget about it. My thinking is that the training is meant to simulate a real world environment for the agencies involved and to condition the public to such events/sights. With the multitude of these events, I can't help but think it's all for some nefarious purpose. After all, there aren't many high rises in the middle east.

With increasing government intrusion and dominance of the average Citizens life, I can only see bad things happening and it scares the heck out of me.

There's a lot more training in urban areas? Yeah. Ramadi, Fallujah, Baghdad, Sadr, Abbottabad, etc. These are all urban environments. This is what war looks like in modern times. As overmatched forces hide among noncombatants and operate primarily from the shadows, war happens where people are.

We do not need to fear a war with our own military. That is not naivete. It is a matter of logistics.

"Ok, so there are 4 dead Americans. What does it matter now?!?"

I am just just sayin. The above attitude and enemy of our way of life is what we are facing once the Rubicon is crossed. I just wish the hell I knew where and what the Rubicon moment will be. We do not matter to them. And the fact they value certain Americans and non Americans more than some of us is the most frightening aspect of the coming storm.

Brutus out

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum. William of Occham (although some scholars think it was originated by John Punch of Cork in 1639)

Sometimes a chopper jock being an idiot is just a chopper jock being an idiot. Doesn't have to be anything more than that...

Whole flights, 4 birds are not a helo pilot being an idiot. Now I am not saying they weren't on a valid training mission. That being said....these sorts of things are trending upward while less and less attention is being paid to the letter of the law. The safety of the many these days seems to out weigh the rights of the few or the one, to paraphrase Mr. Spock. Believe me,I am not a paranoid person by nature. I do have a pretty solid background in US, world and military history as well as some technical training on trends and chatter....
I"d really like to be wrong on what I think our next 5-10 years might turn out to be.
I am making an educated guess it is going to get worse before it improves.
Brutus out

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means. But at some point, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...

No.

Our military could not win. Period. The U.N. (including our troops) couldn't defeat the Taliban, who were a group estimated to be about 45,000 strong, embedded in a country with a population 1/10 the size of the United States.

Everything else aside, there is the simple matter of supplies. Our military relies on supplies that are provided for, or must pass through, civilians. Wrap your head around that. Incredibly, that is probably less scary for our military to consider than the simple fact that the people who they love live among us. Imagine going to war, when your wife and kids might unknowingly live next door to your enemy.

Wars are not won by eradication. They are won when one side loses the will to continue. In this case, our soldiers have zero will to take us on. That war could never start.

Yes. That applies to FEMA and DHS, as well. I don't think people realize how few Federal agents there are. There are fewer than 15,000 special agents attached to the FBI, for example.

Aside from all of that... most of our military, LE, and Feds wouldn't side with our politicians over the People, anyway.

This was also happening in Port Angeles
PORT ANGELES &#8212; City police and agents with the Customs and Border Protection's Office of Air and Marine served search warrants simultaneously at C Street Discount Tobacco and Mini Mart and Willy's Smoke Shop on Thursday afternoon, the deputy Port Angeles police chief said Friday.

Brian Smith said police seized property that included computer hard drives and surveillance equipment from both locations during the operation at about 5:30 p.m.
C Street Discount Tobacco and Mini Mart is at 901 S. C St., Suite A, while Willy's Smoke Shop is at 1409 E. First St.

The action was part of a investigation that has been going on for about two and a half weeks, Smith said.

No arrests were made at either location, he added.

The Port Angeles Police Department is the lead agency in the investigation, Smith said, though agents from the Department of Homeland Security are assisting.

Since the investigation is ongoing, Smith said he could not elaborate on specific suspected crimes, although he said both state and federal felonies might be involved.

"It has a variety of felony statutes," Smith said.

Smith said drug-related offenses were not the focus of Thursday's search warrants.

"I don't think there's a drug connection to this at all," Smith said.

Police were looking also for at least one person, according to Smith, who declined to offer more details.

"There's at least one person of interest here, and that person would know who they are," Smith said.

"It was possible that that person would be at either place, so we were prepared for that."

Four Port Angeles police detectives, seven patrol officers and between six and seven Office of Air and Marine agents served the warrants, though some were called off after the person or people being sought were not found in either business. Smith said.

Some Air and Marine agents stayed on to help Port Angeles Police detectives with the investigation into Thursday evening, Smith added.

Just from the names of the businesses I would guess tobacco smuggling. WA has an over $3.00 a pack tax on smokes. Something like 5th highest in the US. Any time you artificially inflate the price of anything through taxes, there will be someone out there willing to take the risk to earn an easy buck.

Last Wednesday, I saw what looked like two OH-58 Kiowas flying low over Seattle, one following the other. Were they "buzzing" the city? I don't know, but I haven't seen them flying over very often, or at that altitude. It didn't really bother me.

I saw this in Portland about 2 weeks ago. Flying under 500 feet along the riverfront near NW PDX. Fast. A flight of at least 4. I couldn't get an accurate number because they were obscured by buildings most of the time. I was so surprised when I first saw them (only for a few seconds) that I tried driving around the neighborhood to get a better look. I wasn't able to see them again. I am 100% positive that they were Kiowas. 100% positive that there were 4 or more. I've never seen them operating in this area before. Plenty of Chinooks and USCG Seahawks, but I've never seen a Kiowa here.

The Kiowas have been getting a lot of flight time, at least from what I can see. I live along the I-5 corridor (well, near enough to see) and the Kiowa troop is doing a lot of back and forth lately. Don't know if they are a US, AR or NG group, but they've been flying.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top