Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Coming Soon - Possible Executive Orders

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by VegasGlocker, Jan 5, 2013.

1. VegasGlocker

VegasGlocker Forest Grove, OR New Member

The anti-gun political machine churns on and includes possible executive orders:

"In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action, according to interest-group leaders who have discussed options with Biden and key Cabinet secretaries."

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

2. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Pretty disgusting! If these draconian attacks on our 2nd Amendment prevail, America is finished. We MUST fight this by any legal means neccessary. Write, call, march and scream it from the roof tops. This is not just about the Right to Bear Arms it is about ALL our FREEDOMS! Let's Roll!

3. revmedia

revmedia Dallas Member

That makes me sick.

4. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

The whole thing is pretty sickening.

5. American

American Portland, Oregon New Member

This was the reason to form the Biden group!

scot4199 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

This is exactly why it is so Important to Show and Understand that Sandy Hook was a False Flag.

7. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Why is anyone suprised at this Its the same tyrant behavior with obammycare rammed through against the will of the people.

When they do it for you they will do it to you.

8. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Very scary Executive Orders! Obama will take your guns using UN treaty and blue helmets!!! :D

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

How about just slapping a 1000% tax on all ammo and guns nationwide? That would be Constitutional and still pretty much stop all legal trade in guns.

10. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Every member of this forum has lifetime's worth of ammo, and 5 lifetimes worth of guns (on average). I say let them experiment if they manage to get through the opposition. Once it's clear it's not working, we will change it back.

scot4199 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Gents, you may be missing something:

‘National database’ on gun sales part of Obama anti-gun game plan

The Washington Post is reporting that President Barack Obama is preparing to pull out all the stops in pushing his anti-gun agenda in what the newspaper calls “a far broader and more comprehensive approach” than the Clinton-era ban on semi-autos.

‘National database’ on gun sales part of Obama anti-gun game plan - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Now, it might be interesting to hear from some of those smug gun people who were in here making excuses for, and supporting, the administration. Whatever happened to "He's not going to do anything about guns?"

DMax, Glockman19, slind and 3 others like this.
  12. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Didn't Canada try that with long guns and find that it didn't do a thing but allow the criminals to break into the system and learn where the guns were as well as costing a couple BILLION dollars with no crimes solved?

13. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Yes, and Canada is shutting it down.

Peter

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

UN_helmet-small.jpg

15. VegasGlocker

Yes, it is scary but not for that reason (the UN is impotent and inept). It is however scary that the powers that be are looking for ways to dispense with congress to do as they wish with something as major as this. The silliness is that the measures they describe wouldn't have changed anything regarding Sandy Hook or Clackamas as those whack jobs stole the weapons they used. How would changes to mental health checks or gun transfer tracking/registration rules changed what happened? The article also states they want to strengthen penalties for carrying guns near schools - why? Isn't it already illegal in most places to take guns into a school? Isn't it already illegal to murder? Will new penalties for murder or having/using guns in a certain way do anything? Gee, seems to be working well in Chicago - whoops, that's a failure! Obviously there is another agenda and goal here.

MilitantBEEMER, slind, capdek and 3 others like this.
  16. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

How about some real proof instead of the maybe, might be or could possibly be crap that we keep hearing on here.

James Ruby

17. VegasGlocker

Come on, he doesn't care about guns, you're being paranoid... Hope and change! True colors emerge...

FLASHBACK: Obama: I Will NOT Take Your Guns Away | CNS News

"When you all go home and you're talking to your buddies and you say, ah 'He wants to take my gun away.' You've heard it here, I'm on television so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away."

18. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

So far he hasnt taken anything away and all there is discussion so far. It is this fear mongering that makes it so I cant even buy large rifle primers because of the paranioa. I will not disagree that something may be coming but until I see real evidence I am not jumping on the wagon.

James Ruby

Doctnt, Stewage, TKevlar and 7 others like this.
  19. jefe

jefe Portland Active Member

executive orders? no way. any executive order that has any chance of contradicting the 2nd amendment would be illegal. not because it contradicts the 2nd amendment, but because the executive branch would be in violation of the "separation of powers." now, the executive office CAN issue executive orders if the subject and content of such orders are not in violation of established legislation/law--or if such executive orders are given the "clear & go" by the supreme court for not being in violation of the separation of powers act. there were a few instances during bush jr.'s ("il dunce") reign in which he issued executive orders that were immediately challenged in federal court.

executive orders are not going to happen. if obama ("der fuehrer") was going to issue an executive order banning firearms, mags, or the online sale of ammo, he would have done so already (as in, last month). furthermore, if he even does issue an executive order, it wouldn't be implemented as law until it passes through the judicial branch--which, if pertaining to the 2nd amendment, it has no chance in ever being given the "go" by the courts.

both parties (pro-gun and anti-gun) need to go back to high school and retake civics.

20. VegasGlocker

For sure, there have never been questionable executive orders issued and followed. Can't ever happen... Nope, could never happen, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... I'm sure the Japanese Americans thought it was just impossible and unconstitutional when Roosevelt issued executive order #9066 (no due process, 4th Amendment goes out the window for some based on your heritage) . Interesting article: Another Obama Executive Order Allows Seizure of Americans? Bank Accounts

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013