JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can't post a link on my phone but Comic Con is now gun free including prop guns. And the outrage is hilarious. I know a few people that cosplay or whatever it's called and make really elaborate costumes. Awesome quality 3d printed stuff. Also custom "laser" guns.

No go due to current world events, according to the LA event. Reading the posts of people who spent weeks custom building their specialized outfits is sad but eye opening. A bit of an echo chamber.

Not really into comics or comic book movies....
But we have comic book heroes like "The Punisher" and "Deadpool" who use guns and are very violent...yet one can not bring in a firearm prop used by the character...Strange.

I wonder if swords and sword props are banned?...surely there are comic book characters who use those.

Maybe someone should bring a lawsuit for being discrimination ...after all making unjust or prejudicial treatment and judgements about something or someone is the very definition of discrimination.

Not really serious here...just pointing out some irony
Andy
Edit to add:
Etrain makes a good point in his post #5
Many characters are also ultra violent...where is the outcry for banning them?

Last Edited:
This makes no sense!! (big surprise o_O) Once again, people with no apparent ability to think beyond some base feelings are trying to create some phony 'safe space' by getting rid of phony guns?! I am disappointed in the nerds and geeks that have fallen into this ridiculous trap of false safety.

We all know bad people won't follow those rules. They won't be able to keep out any baddie intent on doing harm. And, as we just witnessed in Vegas, the shooter doesn't even have to be at the event. Thousands gather outside to get in - they are all sitting ducks. But I'm sure they feel safer, and that's what really matters, right?

786B5C05-F05A-4973-BBB4-EC0001395161.jpeg

Except for the hot babes I'm not much a fan of comicon.
Seems more like Commie-con though as they joined the collective of the like-minded politically correct hive. Eventually they will not allow characters or costumes that look scary or are the least bit masculine. Anything more threatening than a Teletubbie will be banned.

Not really into comics or comic book movies....
But we have comic book heroes like "The Punisher" and "Deadpool" who use guns and are very violent...yet one can not bring in a firearm prop used by the character...Strange.

I wonder if swords and sword props are banned?...surely there are comic book characters who use those.

Maybe someone should bring a lawsuit for being discrimination ...after all making unjust or prejudicial treatment and judgements about something or someone is the very definition of discrimination.

Not really serious here...just pointing out some irony
Andy

Exactly. They should ban all characters that even use weapons in the first place, since they represent violence with the very weapons they are banning. Likewise, they need to ban the playing of any video games at ComicCon where guns of any kind are used.

You know what, 90% of the stuff they celebrate there is based around some kind of violence. They should just all take a knee and shut the whole thing down for good.

Here's a link to an article regarding the ban at the Los Angeles show.

STAN LEE'S L.A. COMIC CON: convention introduces absolute Gun Free / Prop Gun Free policy

It's not limited to a ban on prop guns. They are against all weapons (e.g. no strings on bows).

Sadly, they have turned against free speech as well. -Read Rule #4 and think about how common it is for the villain characters and their uniforms to be based in some way or form on the Nazis.

#4. Hate symbols and/or speech will NOT be tolerated. Costumes or clothing that involve hate symbols or hate groups are not allowed. It is unacceptable even if it was in a comic book, on a funny TV show, was a Cartman joke or if you are doing a historical re-enactment.

Their ban on any costume, symbol, or speech that involves "hate groups" or "hate speech" is likely going to be a mess given that people can complain any group or speech they don't like is a "hate group" or "hate speech". -Some fans lost their minds over a story where Captain America was portrayed as a secret agent for Hydra (Marvel's stand-in for Nazis).

At the convention I go to there are cosplay people dressed up (I go as a grumpy old man:p) and they have a station by registration to inspect all weapons to insure they are not sharp or operational. All weapons get a giant blazer orange zip tie so anyone can recognize it as a prop from a decent distance.

unfortunately the company I volunteer for has a strict no gun policy so I carry my edc knife and hope for the best.

It may or may not be my last year doing it as it is now during a prime weekend for hunting deer...

Same old story as of late. People buying into fear and becoming hypersensitive. Rather quite sad.

It did remind me of something funny though. I recently went to an event where they were screening people's bags. As i was getting ready to go back to my car, the young gentlemen asked me if I was carrying a knife. I just simply said no and walked on in.

My BIL is in to this stuff and he's an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to god not all who attend are that dumb. :confused:

My BIL is in to this stuff and he's an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a fair share of idiots in any group of people;). Generally:p

I'm sure those are far and few between and probably paid to be there! o_O

You'd be surprised :D.

They don't do booth chicks that I know of.

The problem sometimes is trying to figure out if your looking at a lady or jailbait:eek:.

On one side your normal, on the other side your a pervvy old guy:p

You'd be surprised :D.

They don't do booth chicks that I know of.

The problem sometimes is trying to figure out if your looking at a lady or jailbait:eek:.

On one side your normal, on the other side your a pervvy old guy:p

You always have to be careful:

nammac is in to this stuff and he's an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There I fixed for ya @nammac :p:D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class