JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From Claire Wolfe

This is for you, elitist scribblers.

Here's an invitation. Shut the hell up and come and take them. You can start at my house.

I'm getting kind of old now — well, oldish — and I don't have the fire I used to. I just want to live a peaceful life in a peaceful place. I don't care to get roused over every new crisis. I don't like to fight. So I should be an easy target. Come to my house. Come and take my guns. See how it goes.

I had good training in handling firearms, but I don't practice as much as I should and I'm really not very ready for this. Again, this makes my house an easy place to start your confiscation campaign. Come and take them.

I'm not some big muscle guy. I'm a skinny woman. Again. Easy. Come and take them.

I'm not a member of the big, bad NRA — you know, the monsters that are single handedly responsible for making "gun violence" possible. Surely I'll surrender easily, then. Come and take them.

Though politically radical by your standards, I'm not a wild-eyed fanatic hiding out in a bunker in one of those infamous "compounds." I'm just a regular woman who shares cookies and soup with the neighbors and chats with the clerks down at the post office about their bad backs and the latest town news. Absolutely nobody who knows me imagines I'm any sort of danger to them or anybody else. But I own guns. So come and take them.

I have dogs, but they're both old and friendly. So they shouldn't get in your way. Anyhow, it's just become routine these days for enforcers to shoot the family pets. So no, the dogs should be no obstacle to confiscating my firearms. Come and take them.

Although it's not really possible to be a law-abiding citizen in this age when each of us routinely commits three felonies a day without knowing it, I do try. I try to be a good neighbor, a good person, and a good citizen. So really, what do you have to fear from me? I'm your perfect test case. Come and take them.

I'd like to live another 20 years — 30 would be better — but I've lived a full life and to die now, whether at the hand of a freelance criminal or a tyrant, wouldn't be any great tragedy. So come and take them.

Really. See how it goes with one weak, skinny, peaceable woman who wishes no harm to anyone. Come and take them. I invite you.

See how that goes. Then times that by 100,000,000."

http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/ClaireWolfe/2015/10/09/come-and-take-them-start-here/

I suppose this is an open invitation to Ginny and Phloyd as well.

100,000,000 old geezer armchair warriors sitting in a recliner, in the driveway waiting for the confiscators to show up.

I'll have my Keurig machine right by mys side...waiting :)

I think there are a lot more of us old tired people that have witnessed our right's and countries morals eroded over the years....well pretty much anything we deemed fun is illegal these days to protect the growing number of idiots....

then add the veterans who laid their lives on the line for the American public & have had the despicable insults thrown in their faces....with the liberals & some officials calling them terrorist...

add the citizens that bought guns even just recently with the escalation of in country terrorist infiltration that the govt seems to have already known about before they commit jihad ! & the hood rat criminals have taken the streets, drive by shootings, seriously? areas of cities cops wont even enter, The Black on White "Knock out Game" ...Mexican Cartels are orchestrating crime form another country where its safer for them to operate because corrupt govt officials are involved......Americans have never felt so threatened in our own country since Pearl Harbor and these illogical fear fanatics want to take our guns so they personally feel safer, what an oxymoron

I think we are ALL pretty much appalled & are of the same opinion.........at this point.....MOLON LABE

:s0101: Very well written, both artical and thread! The OP and other posters have expressed my feelings to perfection. After the latest tragedy, in Roseberg, I changed how I process this awful kraP. I barely watched the news reports, the blather of the Idiot In Chief and the whining of the Unelected gov. I've seen it all now but at my own old man pace. Much less stress!

Well.....I can't run so I guess I'll be home when they want mine.
Did I ever tell you folks that I qualified Expert with the M-14 rifle?

Skinny women with guns frighten me!;)

It's why the left hate to see old people who cling to their guns and religion, they could progress so much if you would just give them up.

Spartans2jpg.jpg

Molon Labe sister.

They are going to need guns to come and take guns. And I promise, they don't have enough guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top