Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Comcast Question

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by tlakidd, Jan 14, 2013.

1. tlakidd

tlakidd Eugene Member

Why when I am connected to Comcast from home on my iPad, iPhone, or iMac can I not connect to this website. Yet if I switch the iPad or iPhone to cellular access it connects? Any ideas?
    Tlakidd

2. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Yes, It has to do with the WPS security protocol. If that is enabled on your router, it can cause all kinds of havoc.

I had to fix my brother in law's a few weeks ago. Same basic problem... Though he had some sort of Cell signal booster involved as well.

3. tlakidd

tlakidd Eugene Member

I just talked to Comcast and they said this is my computers issue. How can that be? I will try the wireless router reset. It can not be th computer as it is also impacting my mobile and iPad from connecting to the website. Suggestions?

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Executive order.... :paranoid: :laugh:

5. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

If the router is from comcast as well as the modem, they will always try to blame it on your system. How is your network set up? Password authentication? MAC filtering? WPS on or off? Brand of router? There are about a million questions to ask, makes it tough to diagnose.

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I see the problem.

7. charros93

charros93 Puget Sound Active Member

:funnypoint::worship::yes::rofl1:

8. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

At least he didn't mention the shrine dedicated to Jobs.

9. traderpats

traderpats MILWAUKIE, OREGON Member

Take the router out of the equation and connect directly thru the modem. If you connect (which I'm betting you will) it's your router settings....

10. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

11. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

Ya, its probably not the computer. I had that problem for at least 3 weeks recently. Couldn't access this site (only this site) on any computer at home, but could with the same computer elsewhere. It worked for a couple of days after changing to their new gateway unit (instead of the modem and router we were using), but after a couple of days I was blocked again. Comcast's tech support couldn't solve it, but they did say it was likely the gateway "for some reason." I finally gave up, but found I could get through by going through a proxy (ninjacloak). Then all of a sudden it started working again.

12. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

There's your problem.

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Had the same deal going on with Wave Broadband a while back, but then went away and hasn't happened since.. and NO I don't have a iAnything in my house. LOL!

14. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If it continues to happen PM me your home IP address.