Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Combination shotgun options?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by thewhitebuffalo83, Nov 24, 2012.

1. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

Quick question. I have a 930spx and I think I really need a pump also. I am looking for a multi purpose shotgun with a short home defense barrel and a long barrel clays/hunting. I know Mossberg has a couple and Stevens has one also. There must be others out there but after doing a few searches online all I can come up with is shotgun /rifle combos. What are other options for someone on a regular small budget, less than $400? Thanks for any information on this.

2. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

Remington 870.... Grab one from bimart on sale with the vent rib rem choke barrel. Buy the short plain barrel online as it is less then half the cost of hunting barrel. You should be able to keep it under the $400 mark.

3. thewhitebuffalo83

Thanks for the info. I guess I should have mentioned I would like to stay away from the 870 because I heard you have to send it back to the factory to replace the ejector if you have a problem with it.

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

That would be the ejector. It's riveted to the frame. I'm not sure I'd let that influence you too much. An older pawnshop special Wingmaster with an aftermarket 18.5" barrel would do nicely...

5. tdb59

tdb59 OR Active Member

Yup.

An older, slightly worn 870 will do nicely, as would a Mossberg 500.

6. thewhitebuffalo83

So, I picked up a Winchester 1300, does anyone know where I can get a barrel good for Sporting clays or hunting?