JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would assume its more for those who need a pen that can stand up to harsh conditions, not quite so much as a weapon. I have to carry and use a pen outside in a wide variety of conditions and I can tell you even a decent $20 pen can get worthless pretty fast if dropped in the mud or stepped on etc... I suppose a cheap fix would be a $5 bag of a dozen cheapies but thats not always practical either.
I have never tried one of these. Might have to give it a look.
Now if I could just get a tactical garage door opener I would be set. :s0155:

I carry a sweet pen. It's more strategic than tactical though.
The Space Pen!

This thing always works. I've never needed to defend myself with it, but if I did you can bet I'd be able to write all over my assailant, no matter the surface or angle!

Even underwater!!

Yea I carry the Fisher Space pen as edc. This thing could be used as an impact device for sure. But another thing to consider.. with all the flus and colds (H1N1) I always use my own pen to sign my name. How often do we use our credit cards? I'm not a germaphobe or nothing It's just a little thing I can do that has a big impact.

It is in part the gadget factor. Some like cool stuff. The Benchmade one I have has a carbide tip as a glass breaker. But it would do a job on someones skull also. Last resort weapon, but better than nothing. We all need an ink pen, why not have a good one.

I'm selling a tactical- water cooler gur $900.00 you can tactically rehydrate, drown, or waterboard anyone anywhere!
Only$900 + s& h

Tactical everything ! Who cares about avoiding conflict , being smart and learning actual real world skills! Let's pay someone $150 on a bubbleguming pen!! I can stab you with a tree limb, or a beer bottle and you are the same amount of dead!!

There isn't anything called " more dead", just " more dumb"

I recieved a tour of the benchmade company and recieved one of these for free as a parting gift.

First, how did you get a tour, let alone THAT pen as a gift? I asked for tours and been denied, just able to peruse the gift shop.

As for the point (pun intended), I was informed, UNOFFICIALLY, and on the down low, that this was designed as a last ditch defense in places where any and all items that can be interpreted as weapon are not allowed. Specifically was designed after a certain date (ahem). It all makes sense now.

Last Edited:
pffft, these things are just gimmicks. Until they come out with a Black, Railed, tactical spec-ops version, I'm not interested. BTW, as a "spring loaded self-defense device", it most likely is violating the law if you carry it concealed. But I'm not a lawyer or anything.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top