JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even when you feel too old to fight you still have one good round left in you. And even if you don't that's why the rest of us are here. Together we will stand brother, keep the faith and fight on

Sounds like a perfect candidate for an M1A in the distance keeping every thing between the tree line and you covered! Theres always a little more fight in the oldest dog, just show some teeth now and then, let um know you still care!

Oh, I've got the M-1A! It's getting to a tree line that's the problem!
Actually it's the creeps on the streets everyday that's my challenge!;)

One day...lol

I still believe there are a lot of good people around. One of the biggest problems that we face is not the bad guys that is the apathy of Good Men

Love it

TT_GranTorino.jpg

Old farts take heart! Youth more often than not will fall prey to experience and ruthless cunning...

Since the 80's I started CCW a 1911A1 (Army PSD duty), then a Beretta 92F (Army PSD and personal CCW), then moved to a Taurus PT145MilPro for a couple years because I liked the "hi-cap" .45ACP approach and it was under $300. Now I rock a Glock-30 (for the last 6+yrs.) or (more recently) a G19gen4 (the larger backstrap option fits my hand better like the G30) depending if I'm alone (G30 'cause I LOVE .45ACP), and a G19 if I'm with the wife (and she's carrying) because she has a G19(gen3) and we can share ammo and mags if ever needed. 9mm (+p JHP!) ammo has come a LONG way since the 80's and I'm more confident in its capabilities than I was in the 80's, however .45ACP is my preferred round.

I still have that original Beretta, too!

I've varied carry guns over the years, but have always carried 9mm. I like the round, I like that it's affordable to practice with, and slightly lower recoil means I can better keep a smaller gun on target, and as @Stomper pointed out, defensive loads in 9mm today have come a long way.

I carry a smaller gun today than my first carry gun, which was a big Ruger P89. Funny thing is that today I can carry a much lighter and smaller gun and only lose 3 rounds in the process. With my job, I prefer a smaller gun to make sure it stays concealed. But I can say I've considered going back to something larger at some point, possibly even begin carrying a .45 For now though, I'm comfortable with my CC gun and I've had a lot of practice with it, so I know it well - no reason to shake that up at this time. My biggest issue right now is finding a way I'm happy with to carry an extra mag or two.

My first CCW firearm was a Ruger Security Six with the 2 3/4 barrel in .357 magnum.
it was a great revolver and sure shot well.
Nowadays I carry my Colt Series 70 Government in .45 acp.
It is the pistol I have the most experience with and the one I shoot best.
Just makes the most sense to me to carry that one.
Andy

I carry a 4" six shot revolver. I have no issue concealing it OWB. I want the bigger gun because I worry less about being able to deter a mugger and more about being stuck in a public place when the poo hits the fan. I want the extra accuracy of the revolver and the added power of the 4" barrel.

IMG_20160415_171724.jpg

IMG_20160422_173210.jpg

Last Edited:
LOL!!! Well guys n gals, you may be right that age doesn't have anything to do with your personal defence decisions. But they will! ;) Everything you said about the amoral, dead conscious, creeps is true, and I CANT FIGHT ANYMORE!!! Even 8-10 years ago I could fight like a machine. Now I can't! Trust me it's a very gut wrenching drop when your defensive strategies can't include busting melons anymore! A most helpless feeling! Fight for right? Young whole folks will have to carry on with that! I'll try to keep me and mine breathing! A little rambling, sorry, but it's late and I'm hurting. :cool:

I'M TOO OLD TO FIGHT BUT TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!!!
Whomever tries to occost me is gonna be leaking bodily fluids.
Homey don't play that chit, never did......

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top