JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one know of any good, reputable places in SW WA to the Greater Portland Metro area that offer training on traumatic injuries?

Not sure what to call it other than a Combat Lifesaver style course.

Focusing primarily on treating gun shots, major car accidents, and so on.

Proper use of a tourniquet, wound packing, use of hemostatic agents, application of chest seals, etc.

What you're looking for are "Stop the Bleed" classes. Here is an old announcement for one from the Portland area

'Stop the Bleed' courses teach citizens the life-saving steps of bleeding control

I'm actually taking a refresher course in Lebanon on Tuesday.

That's definitely a class I'd be interested in. Any classes in the area you know of for a "Tactical Medicine" style course?

Closest I could find is Dark Angel Medical but details are hard to come by on that.

I lead the field training program in my company and conduct in house training on various topics ranging from State mandated training to defensive tactics from ASP, AXON, and other internationally recognized and respected defense-based programs.

Firearms are part of the job and knowing how to treat gunshot wounds until more advanced medical personnel arrive is necessary.

Looking for a good medical course for my guys to take to get training that relates to their field of work and what they could and do experience.

I would eventually like to become an instructor in this however it seems difficult to find these types of courses.

Admittedly I'm not 100% sure what what I'm searching for would be called so that may be leading to the lack of findings.

I would start with basic training .
CPR class.
Then move on to .
A STOP THE BLEED CLASS.
the Stop the bleed classes are really good .
They cover everything from a small wound to a major .
WOUND.
i took a class last year with my sisters fire department .
Even though I have had some basic training before.
It's a lot to take in .
In one day .
My class was 8 hours .
We started small and went all the way to gun shot and car accident.
1598.jpeg 1602.jpeg

I have said and should have said .
The people that I took the class with .
Where EMT . PARAMEDIC.
ONE FROM EVERETT THE OTHER WAS FROM MT Vernon.
It's always good to take a class .
No matter what .
But if you're instructor has real world .
Hands on experience is always a huge plus.
Kinda like I want to take a gun fight class.
Mmmmmmm should I try to find a guy that has been in a gun fight.
Or just go to the mall cop.
LOL

Start out with CERT training classes and that will open a lot of doors to other options!
Stop the bleeds are also very good for basics and another place to start. Once you have completed those, you will be exposed to more training options! As far as whats available in the Greater Pdx/Vanc. Areas, i do not know but im sure a search of those two will lead you down the right path!
:)

Stop The Bleed courses are offered all over the place and will teach you proper TQ techniques, wound packing, etc. There are two free ones at Legacy Emanuel, one on 1/14/2020 and one on 2/11/2020. here's a screen grab of the info

stb.JPG

5.11 Tactical in Tualatin is hosting a free Trauma Care class on Saturday 2/22 from 6-8pm. Can't be too extensive in that period of time but it's something.
Class is being taught by Krav Maga Salem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top