JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where at in Columbia County? I'm in Vernonia and do a lot of shooting on state land behind Camp Wilkerson or out past Mist. I don't even try anywhere closer to St Helens or Scappoose. Too many knuckleheads running around the woods. I'm not a member but you can also try this place
<broken link removed>

Or you can ask on the Columbia County Weapons facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/539278599434424/

Very few legal shooting spots near St.Helens. Ranier gun club is the best bet. State patrol and the timber patrol do roam the logging roads looking for all the slob shooters we seem to have,,,

State patrol and the timber patrol do roam the logging roads looking for all the slob shooters we seem to have,,,

That is correct, especially lately. I stopped at an area that I was pretty sure was on BLM land but I was about a 1/4 mile off track. A guy from the a logging outfit stopped to have a chat with me and after a very friendly conversation he pointed me in the right direction. About a week ago I also ran into a OSP who was patrolling the area. He also had a decoy in the back of his truck.

I agree with avoiding any areas around Scappoose. I got ran off by a pissed off local who just happened to be driving by on the logging roads and he didn't even live in the area. He lived in Scappoose. Another time a OSP gave me a hard time. A third time, some firewood cutters told me get the hell out of there and they were just driving by. Forget that area.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top