JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This if from OFF, but much of it has been verified - "We are in a very expensive legal fight in Columbia County where the commissioners have stomped on the will of the people. They replaced the Second Amendment sanctuary ordinances, invoked by the people, with their own weaker version and then joined with superrich anti-gun groups to overturn their own version."

I can't find much else except a blog on the county website. If true, the other Sanctuaries could go the same way. This reminds me of the Death with Dignity law passed by Oregonians and then struck down and then re-voted to pass. The Oregon Legislature didn't think we knew what we voted on. That was the reason they gave for striking it down.

Any news about the Columbia County Sanctuary Ordinance?

You can find the new version https://www.columbiacountyor.gov/media/Board/Ordinances/Book 4/second amendment/Ordinance 2021-1 In the Matter of a Second Amendment Sanctuary in Columbia County.pdf

Last Edited:
Our two principle battles right now are initiative petitions 17 and 18, (see below for measure details) and our battle to protect the Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance in Columbia County.

I wanted to update you on both these fights.
The hearing on the case is scheduled for July 21st. Either way it will have national implications. But as we have pointed out, it will be very costly.

We would be grateful for any financial support you can offer to help us cover the legal fees.

Here is the latest from OFF on the Columbia County Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance. Click this link for their update
https://www.oregonfirearms.org/columbia-county-and-bloomberg-vs-the-people.

Gun Owners of America is heavily involved too.

The opposing team includes anti-gun Ellen F. Rosenblum - Oregon Attorney General, Columbia County Commission, and Bloomberg's "Everytown For Gun Safety". Yes, once again we are fighting the government and billionaires.

The Columbia County Court held a hearing today and should have a decision by the end of July.

Here is the latest from OFF on the Columbia County Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance. Click this link for their update
https://www.oregonfirearms.org/columbia-county-and-bloomberg-vs-the-people.

Gun Owners of America is heavily involved too.

The opposing team includes anti-gun Ellen F. Rosenblum - Oregon Attorney General, Columbia County Commission, and Bloomberg's "Everytown For Gun Safety". Yes, once again we are fighting the government and billionaires.

The Columbia County Court held a hearing today and should have a decision by the end of July.
Thanks for the update

Yet when I say "Nothing will change until politicians start to die" everyone will get their panties bunched up.

Joe
You act as if there isn't another generation one after the other ready to take over. Plus people are only gonna live longer and hold on tighter to their positions of power. Personally we should have term limits for everything.

Short answer, NOPE!
Voting never did really matter , its mostly a placebo to make the plebiscite feel like they have a say in the way things are done. Socially speaking humans have transitioned from monarchies, to oligarchies because people tend to have a misguided belief in the idea that having a form of elected representation means you wont your neck stepped on. I would almost say if anything people's rights are abused with greater frequency not less given the events of the last 30 years

You act as if there isn't another generation one after the other ready to take over. Plus people are only gonna live longer and hold on tighter to their positions of power. Personally we should have term limits for everything.
I've advocated term limits for decades.
One, you can have one, no compensation whatsoever.
Oh you can have a second term; you get euthanized after.

Joe

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top