JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently I had the opportunity to spend a dayattherange with possibly one of the best carry 1911's on the market. Colt's Wiley Clapp Light Weight Commander Talo Exclusive. Upon original examination I realized three things. One it is an aesthetically pleasing pistol, two Colt's original 1950's design was spot on and three, I now understood why this pistol carries the moniker "Everything you need, with nothing you don't."
DSCN5981.jpg
Colt Wiley Clapp LW Commander Features
•Series '70 style action with no firing pin safety and improved trigger pull
•Alloy receiver for a light pistol that carries easy
•Original style small safety, slide lock and magazine catch, no extensions
•Front & rear slide serrations
•Long black trigger, flat S&A mainspring housing
•Colt's new beavertail grip safety for comfort in long shooting sessions
•Special Novak sights – extra-wide notch and bead front for any-light shooting
•Tactical Oval grips with forward taper and fingerprint checkering
•Pete Single 25 lpi checkering on the pistol's front-strap
•Special factory serial number run
Examining the feature list this pistol has all the features I need in a carry 1911. Every feature was about light weight carry with a few customizations. For example the slide has front and rear serrations.
DSCN5982.jpg
Full Review 21st Century Commander Review
My website is totally self funded (no advertisements at all) and I gain nothing from anyone visiting. I started this website many years ago to document my experiences on the range in an effort to give back and share this great sport/past time we all enjoy with others, along with providing unbiased reviews. The site has picked up a few authors along the way and we are committed to making it one of the largest firearm review sites on the web, with to date over 100 handguns reviewed. If you are interested in becoming an author and expanding the vision pm or email me. Stop by dayattherange.com and leave a comment let us know what you think of the 21st Century Commander or any other review on the site.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top