JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What kind of triggers are the most reliable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
My friend has a colt LE/Mil 6920 and the safety will engage even if hammer is not depressed. I have noticed that the rear of the trigger is cut down on one side (factory). On most triggers that I have seen both sides of the rear portion engage the safety. could this be why it is doing this, is it a Colt thing or just the version of rifle?

This is not the one but it looks exactly like this one. Screenshot 2020-12-03 095545.png

Neither of the Colt's I have have a similar trigger, a 6940 and an essence that bares M-4 markings. Never seen that in any Colt, I can't see them using that in any of their "milspec" rifles.
I suspect that if you examine the safety that you will find it is also different than a "milspec" safety.
Suspect it's aftermarket. If you hadn't posted photos I'd suspect a broken pin,

Here, this is exactly like the one I was talking about... all Colt stamped parts..
I does it with every safety I have tried...
Also new spring and detent... 61AA68E4-6C15-45EF-9638-E50BAD3905A0.png

FYI a milspec trigger is a single stage trigger. There are plenty of solid triggers and plenty of crap triggers that meet all those descriptions. Geissele two stage trigger are the most combat proven two stage trigger out there. Larue has been putting out excellent triggers in direct competition G triggers at about a third of the price in both single and double stage versions. Centurion Arms has just started selling triggers that even better than the Larue version also in single and double stage version and Monty LeClair knows his business so they are top notch and IMO are the best $ for $ triggers of anything out there right now.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads