JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey there a friend of mine recently got a colt thunder i dont have much knowledge of this gun and am trying to find out what .41 round this takes i know its not the current .41 magnum and no one has been able to help me on this so i turn to you guys just to be clear neither i or the owner plan on shooting this gun just curios. any help would be great

Definitely cool by any stretch, the Colt Thunderer is something I would love to possess. Saw one in Reno last summer price right, but condition issues spooked me. What good is a gun you can't shoot, right?

Billy the Kid was known to have favored the Thunderer.

I have seen factory ammo available at outfits that service the cowboy action folks.

You wouldn't happen to have a few pix, would you?

That gun uses the .41 Long Colt, which is center fire and uses a heel based bullet like a .22 Long Rifle. You should be able to find ammo from one of the companies that deals with obsolete ammo, but it's gonna be spendy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top