JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I disagree, Miroku made/makes excellent stuff and I'm pretty sure the Hi-Power was never made in Japan.
Belgian Brownings I have owned (and deeply regret selling):
1. Medalist semi-automatic target pistol, .22LR mfr 1950 Belgium
2. A5 semi-automatic shotgun, 12 ga. mfr 1964 Belgium
3. 22-SA semi-automatic rifle, .22LR mfr 1960 Belgium
4. Citori O/U, 12 ga. mfr 1985 Japan

There was no comparison for fit and finish with their contemporary competition from Winchester, Remington, Marlin, etc. for the Belgian made firearms. The Japanese Citori is still head and shoulders above its contemporary competition as well. In 1965 manufacturers like Savage, Stevens, and Marlin were second tier quality. The fact that they are now first tier, with about the same fit and finish they had 60 years ago speaks for itself.

Subpar products at Gucci prices, all for a name and rollmark.
well.. i walked into the LGS the other day and finally saw one of these new colts people are "raving" about ;)
HOLLY COW!!!!
what a pile! last time i saw sh!t stacked that high i was watching full metal jacket! what an accomplishment! and i ain't talking poop in a group either. just a plain old pile of feces, all over. i was in total disbelief.
that trigger is total garbage. take just the trigger shoe alone. skinny, flatter in arc why?
then i looked at the "roll mark" and about had to change my shorts laughing at the counter in front of the clerks and all the customers. the pony is laser etched into the frame and literally had what i would call gigantic holes literally drilled into it wherever the laser paused or changed directions and hesitated and just sat burning for too long total amateur hack job! im talking like 4-5 dark holes about .3mm you couldn't see the bottom of.
their days are clearly numbered.

its a shame i remember having a python circa mid 60's it was amazing in every way. it literally made me hang up my 92fs and pretty much never touch it again. even after the wilson works massage, it couldn't even come close.

yeah your right im making it up. im in such DIRE need for attention ill just float some bs and see who bites. quite frankly i dont care if you believe me or not. but i may be headed that direction again tomorrow, seeing how i HIGHLY doubt anyone would actually buy that pos im betting it will still be there ill take some pics.
will be worth it just to prove you wrong.

Just some good Colt feelings and BTW you couldnt touch one under 2 grand new.

bORdxTsjSNmaOnsVFCDD.jpg

idk always wanted a colt walker (probably remake) might finally be the time. if you still have to go through all the new FFL BS wa has for BP ill pass till i can move out of state. colt DID make some amazing stuff.
would be ALOT cooler to get a walker when i actually get to texas anyway the true home of Colt Walker anyway.

idk always wanted a colt walker (probably remake) might finally be the time. if you still have to go through all the new FFL BS wa has for BP ill pass till i can move out of state. colt DID make some amazing stuff.
would be ALOT cooler to get a walker when i actually get to texas anyway the true home of Colt Walker anyway.
No . You can buy black powder over the counter but my understanding is that like most guns and ammo right now there is none anywhere.

Walkers are fun to shoot. Burned up a lot of the black stinky through one.

If you have access to an original and can afford it I salute you sir.
god i wish.. no from what i remember years ago the last time i looked at them they were out of my reach. the old originals are crazy, the new ones are licensed under some other mfgr. and i think it was uberti or pedrsolli made the one to get where the loading arm doesn't fall out every time it fires :confused:

i have been parousing the black powder stuff lately and powder is everywhere. the caps are a little harder to find but just a couple days ago i saw thousands of them in stock. been looking at that sorta stuff to cast my own shot and convert my 12ga wal mart plinkers over to slugs and .350" shot.
i got my BGI roll crimper from 1891 for $65 recently and im ready to rock!

i miss black powder though i barely got my toes wet with it and looking forward to diving in head first. its just stupid how big of a smile it puts on your face. like being a kid again.

yeah your right im making it up. im in such DIRE need for attention ill just float some bs and see who bites. quite frankly i dont care if you believe me or not. but i may be headed that direction again tomorrow, seeing how i HIGHLY doubt anyone would actually buy that pos im betting it will still be there ill take some pics.
Okay, prove me wrong.

Okay, prove me wrong.
I'm in. I'd like to see some laser engraving with holes all the way through.

Ive owned crapload of Colt SAA's over the years. Colts roll marks are all over the place . Some are deep and clear and some barely legible. The production stuff is pretty consistent but Custom Shop guns are up to the operator that day.

They really do. Their AR's are average with nothing to write home about, their new revolvers are garbage. Their 1911's are nothing special and have average fit/finish.

The older offerings are better but I really don't get why some people still think they are a viable company in 2020. Subpar products at Gucci prices, all for a name and rollmark.

I wish they would go completely BK and go away. Take Taurus and Hi-Point with them while they're at it.

Rant over. :p

The Umarex .22 ARs they contracted were GTG, and as you said in the old days they had some good stuff. Can we add Kel Tec to the "wish you would burn to the ground" list?

yeah i kinda noticed that, after yesterday i looked some up. its to be expected i guess im sure the die doesnt last forever. id much rather have a poor roll mark than those "big" black dots in the laser engraving though.

ive seen some pretty nice laser lithography in person. its amazingly detailed. its not like the machines will bankrupt a company either, they are fairly affordable. people just dont take pride in craftsmanship anymore. laser lithography is pretty much all you should be looking at these days for marking like that.

pics from first year of triggrcon, these are about the size of a quarter or little smaller than a half dollar.

20170729_122709.jpg 20170729_122831.jpg

yeah i kinda noticed that, after yesterday i looked some up. its to be expected i guess im sure the die doesnt last forever. id much rather have a poor roll mark than those "big" black dots in the laser engraving though.

ive seen some pretty nice laser lithography in person. its amazingly detailed. its not like the machines will bankrupt a company either, they are fairly affordable. people just dont take pride in craftsmanship anymore. laser lithography is pretty much all you should be looking at these days for marking like that.

pics from first year of triggrcon, these are about the size of a quarter or little smaller than a half dollar.

View attachment 818035 View attachment 818043
I do have a sixty-four year old Frontier Scout with a poor Prancing Horse rollmark and it was on the then new idea aluminum frame, they could have and should have pressed a little harder. great gun that has seen a lot of use till '95, then a safe queen.

I'm in. I'd like to see some laser engraving with holes all the way through.
Well thats funny ya know you quoted me. But apparently you didnt even read what i said.
Pretty ridiculous. Its right there in black and white. Maybe you should go re read it.

I already replied with pics and apparently my response wasnt pc enough the mod took it down.
Waste of time anyway.

Go actually handle one and pull the trigger. My striker fired glocks have better triggers. Albeit spongier but still lighter and smoother.
Even the finish is mottled trash compared to the old one.

Your arguement of "prove it" is pretty weak. When half of my post was subjective anyway. Not even really worth dignifying.

So go handle one or better yet BUY one and tell everyone how great it is in detail.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top