JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
5.56x45mm NATO
City
Battleground
State
Washington
Zip Code
Pre-ban, 1993 Colt Sporter Match HBAR. Mint
IMG_6932_zpsqw0xbd9e.jpg IMG_6934_zps7dpnlc8r.jpg IMG_6933_zpshu5ccauu.jpg IMG_6936_zpsihsohcxt.jpg IMG_6963_zps2u2o9kgo.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I think you may have an AR-15 with the internal aluminum block cap over the trigger assembly.
That third pin may be what holds it in place. And it is thicker than a auto sear pin. This started around 1993. And lasted only a few years I believe.

In any case they don't still use it today.

Just push out the rear push pin, hinge the upper forward and take a look down at the trigger group.
If you see a flat cap over the trigger group. Held in place buy this third pin. Then that explains it.
Also I don't think this pin goes through both sides of the receiver. Just the right side with the forward assist on it. [ This would make it very hard to remove. As you could not drive out the pin from the opposite side].

In any case I'm curious to know?

I think you may have an AR-15 with the internal aluminum block cap over the trigger assembly.
That third pin may be what holds it in place. And it is thicker than a auto sear pin. This started around 1993. And lasted only a few years I believe.

Also I don't think this pin goes through both sides of the receiver. Just the right side with the forward assist on it. [ This would make it very hard to remove. As you could not drive out the pin from the opposite side].

In any case I'm curious to know?

Good call Medic!. That in fact is exactly what it looks like.

A rare bird indeed. GLWS. It looks like a very nice gun.

That modification. Along with others that colt used. Like The completely shaved bolt carrier
And different size pins for the trigger group parts. Made the guns harder to convert to full auto.

Today they use an internal bridge in that area of the receiver. With standard size pins. But use the non shaved m-16 bolt carriers.
Like the one in the bottom of this picture.

Go figure?:s0092:
DSCN4381.JPG

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.