Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Colt SF-VI DAO: What price?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 30, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am thinking of parting with my Colt SF-VI DAO revolver in bright stainless (pic below). This is the factory bobbed hammer version of the all stainless six shooter. I see everywhere that this gun was not made for long and is pretty rare. It goes for an inflated price on Gunbroker but I want to avoid shipping it if I can. What would be a fair price to ask for this gun locally?

In the pic below it is wearing custom wood grips but I would be selling it with the original grips. I do not have the box.

ColtSF-VI.jpg

Botte Hork, Benihaus, Chee-to and 3 others like this.
  2. mat33

mat33 Portland, OR Active Member

Oooohhh....aaaahhhhh. I have no idea the value, but thanks for letting us take a peek.

3. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

I don't know it's value either. But, I do know that I want it.:love:
    Rochambeau you for it?

4. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

That piece of junk? Better just throw it away cuz no one is gonna want a little revolver from some fly-by-night gun maker like Colt. Better yet just give it to me and I'll probably dispose of it for you, I won't even charge you for it.

Wouldn't want some poor bastard who doesn't know any better to hurt himself trying to fire this POS. Maybe I'll trade it in for a $75 gift card at the gun buy back. :p

5. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

$100 tops but I'd take it off your hands for $150 ;)

6. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Beautiful Colt PP, but only a "collector" will pay the "big bucks" for a .38 DOA revolver. There's a Colt SF-VI not DAO going off at $800 on GB right now (you probably know that.) I'd start at what I had in it, and see what happens, you can always go down....BTW did I tell ya that's a Beautiful Colt................:thumbup:

7. PlayboyPenguin

Just got three offers in the past two days all in excess of $1100 each. Seems they only made a few hundred of these DAO models.

8. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Then maybe you should advertise it and sell it, or are you just stroking your ego again?:huh:

9. PlayboyPenguin

How does selling a gun stroke anyone's ego? I am afraid you lost me on that one. I haven't fully decided if I want to sell it or not.