JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm new to the sight. I was looking at the WTB section and a person is looking for a colt SAA. I have a gen 3 black powder frame 45 I think he may like, but not sure what the value would be now. There are a lot of the model 1850's out there for reference, but not the model 2850. Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.

Colt SSA 2850.jpg

If......
I am to assume that the model # differs between calibers, bbl length, grips, not even getting in to finish, BP frame etc.... Sorry, I don't have my decoder sheet. So YES, some people want BP frames too. But ME.....Rrright.....I care only if it fits my "collection".

Well so then.....there will be even more of a differences of opinion......as to a value. For someone like me.

Huh....WHY?

Because...... you're dealing with a high dollar item. Yeah.....for someone RICH it's probably chump change. So, whatever. And before we start.....it's only my opinion, so here we go.

Example: I like my SAA to be a 5.5", blue w/CCH, in .357 mag. I shoot them. It's not like I want them just to be locked away in a safe. Then, if I needed another to make it a pair.....I might be tempted. Yes, I have another back up to those two. But currently, I'm not in the market.

SAA-357-Mag-006.jpg These are a pair of 2nd Gen SAA.

So then....
If it were a 4.75" bbl...I'd pass.
If it were in .45 LC (or whatever other caliber).....I'd pass.
See....it needs to fit my need.

Not to mention......
But well, if it's cheap enough.....
I might bite.

Only because, I already have one SAA in .45LC, 4.75", blue and CH (actually, I have a 7.5 incher somewhere too). Hummm.....maybe I'd like to have another one? Etc.... Etc.... the usual reason(s) that we use to try to convince ourselves to buy a high dollar item.

Anyway.....
Perhaps....you could/should attack this problem in another way?

Huh.....like how?

OK, Ok, ok......you know, what you paid for it. You know, what you'd be willing to let it go for. Ask your price and see what happens next. Yeah Rrrrright......help me to price it so I can get MAX $$$$ out of it. :eek:

BTW.....these two Rugers cost about the same as a single Colt SAA.
SAA-357-Mag-001.jpg And, they are wonderful for SASS shooting.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews