JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked up a 6" Colt Official Police .38 special at a pawn shop that had 6 squibs lodged inside the barrel for $125.00.
I looked around and finally found a nice replacement 4" barrel on eBay for $30.00 and had Velzey swap the barrels and I'm really pleased with the project.
It's the same model pistol that Barney Fife had on his hip.

colt official police 001.JPG

I picked up a 6" Colt Official Police .38 special at a pawn shop that had 6 squibs lodged inside the barrel for $125.00.
I looked around and finally found a nice replacement 4" barrel on eBay for $30.00 and had Velzey swap the barrels and I'm really pleased with the project.
It's the same model pistol that Barney Fife had on his hip.

View attachment 583201

Nice find, im curious what that barrel looked like.

I think the best buys are blued pre-WWII Colt Official Police, Police Positive Specials, and Detective Specials. They have the beautiful oven-fired Colt brush blue finish that is a lost art. No one can reproduce it today. They have the labor-intensive hand-fitted fit and finish that isn't economically feasible today.

Colt Official Police 5" barrel
t4sQpzO.jpg
YSDws8T.jpg
8UhB9Ej.jpg
xuDx709.jpg
67DXAHb.jpg

Colt Police Positive Specials 4" and 5" barrels
DSC_1306a_zpsas0bepow.jpg
DSC_1312a_zps2n1mu2kk.jpg

You can find them for reasonable prices 1933 Colt Official Police .38 SPL 6" BBL Revolver - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 807257425

Screenshot_2019-05-25 1933 Colt Official Police 38 SPL 6” BBL Revolver.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top