JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have a 5" and a 6" Colt Pythons. They quit making the awhile back. Both as new and never fired. Does anyone know what they are worth? I carried a Python on duty as an LEO before they made us go to Glocks. I hated that as I dearly loved my Python. Sold it back in the mid 80s for $200. I've never sold a gun again.

i have a 5" and a 6" Colt Pythons. They quit making the awhile back. Both as new and never fired. Does anyone know what they are worth? I carried a Python on duty as an LEO before they made us go to Glocks. I hated that as I dearly loved my Python. Sold it back in the mid 80s for $200. I've never sold a gun again.

I have never heard of a 5'' Python? :s0153:

In any case pictures would be nice.

I picked up a very nice 4" last week for an incredible price at Cabelas, it came to 1000.00 with my discounts but very nice pristine examples with a box etc are bringing up to 4500.00. Many are at 2500 if used and missing the box. My gun has some very minor discoloration on the side of the hammer that will polish out like new, it has no holster wear or ring on the cylinder. It is missing the original grips and has a set of Pachmeyers installed.

Snake guns have reached collector status and the value is determined by condition and if you have the box and paperwork. Look on Gun Brokers and it will give you an idea what they are worth.o_O

Blued or Nickel? Box condition is a pretty big deal also.

With the Python the age, when it was built, has a great deal to do with its value. At least, to the true Collector. One built in the mid '60s has greater value than one from the '90s. The SAA revolvers are much the same. A First generation gun is much more valuable than a Second or Third in the same condition.

I bought a Python for my Dad about 7 years ago, a 5" stainless late production with the plastic front sight orange Insert and the Bi-Tone rubber grips. Paid $500 for it then, it shoots quite well, and is the most natural fitting and pointing wheel gun I have ever used. Dont know it's current value, but it's not getting sold ether! :cool:

88939133-EE96-4A55-AE55-AB6587D38E47.jpeg This is the one I bought a couple of months ago at Cabelas for 1000.00 (with discounts) I just picked it up from my Smith where it got some corrosion polished off the hammer. It is an honest 98% gun with no holster wear or other defects. It was made in 1980, I have a set of factory checkered wood grips coming for it. It will be with the electroless nickle one I bought new in about 1980 and my 4" nickle Trooper MKlll That is also a great gun.

I bought a Python for my Dad about 7 years ago, a 5" stainless late production with the plastic front sight orange Insert and the Bi-Tone rubber grips. Paid $500 for it then, it shoots quite well, and is the most natural fitting and pointing wheel gun I have ever used. Dont know it's current value, but it's not getting sold ether! :cool:

Again. 5''?
I have seen 2.5'', 3'', 4'', 6'', 8'' barrels.

Yessir! Swear on a stack of bibles 5" :D
DAD even put a tape on it to see so he could get a proper holster made for it!
To us, it was nothing more then a nice Colt that had been used, but not abused, and the price was good enough to make it a winner! Wouldn't pay that now!;)

Honestly, I didn't even bother looking into it, never crossed my mind, after all it's a Colt, should be good, right:)
I wonder, could it have been a short run for a large retailer, or a custom shop offering? Seems to have been common with other manufactures in the 90s to have custom orders of certain popular arms based on demand. My Ruger Old Armies were one such deal, .44 magnum cylinders and beefed up frame, Ruger confirmed they did a small run for a large retailer who sold them at a pretty big price over the standard offerings!