JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$3500
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Longview
State
Washington
Colt 6 in polished stainless Python. Was told it was unfired when purchased, been sitting in the safe for years untouched. Asking $3500 obo.

Phone calls or texts only as I'm rarely on here. Thanks Jon 360-261-0669

15598596328265631896716398512580.jpg
15598596108126064365610977997237.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Colt 6 in polished stainless Python. Was told it was unfired when purchased, been sitting in the safe for years untouched. Asking $3500 obo.

View attachment 587611
View attachment 587610

View attachment 587611
View attachment 587610
I RECENTLY sold an ORIGINAL 8" Colt Python BRAND NEW, NEVER FIRED, NOT even a fingerprint on it as it was never even taken out of its box. It was still in its ORIGINAL COLT PYTHON cardboard box and that was in its original shipping carton with untouched paperwork including the original Thank You letter from Colt. The shipping box shows the postage date of 1957. My Grandmother purchased two of these Pythons direct from Colt in Hartford Connecticut and was going to give one to my Grandfather and one for herself for their 40th anniversary but before their next anniversary, they got divorced and so she stored them away in her safe. When she passed guess who got the contents of that safe ... me, her only grandson. My eyes rolled around in their sockets when I saw the shipping box with COLT written on it. I kept it for a few years but since I am NOT a gun collector, I sold one of them FOR $8800 !!! ( YES, I kept the other one and took it right to the range, without a moment's hesitation, fired 150 rounds of .38 spl down range so I would never be even tempted to store it away as the ultimate collectible but rather enjoy the living hell out of shooting perhaps the finest revolver ever made. Pulling back the hammer, feeling that silky smooth, buttery jeweled action is incomparable and must be experienced to be believed. I never want to own a gun that I can't take out and SHOOT. You can ALWAYS make more money but you can't always go out and shoot a Colt Python. I put the Aimpoint scope on it and its an absolute tack driver at 25 yards.

Anyways, my point is that I think you should get much more for your beautiful revolver !

PS ... 1/2 my shooting buddies cringed when they heard I took an unfired Python to the range and "broke it in", the other 1/2 are so proud of me for doing that. So am I ;-)

20160515_122007.jpg

I RECENTLY sold an ORIGINAL 8" Colt Python BRAND NEW, NEVER FIRED, NOT even a fingerprint on it as it was never even taken out of its box. It was still in its ORIGINAL COLT PYTHON cardboard box and that was in its original shipping carton with untouched paperwork including the original Thank You letter from Colt. The shipping box shows the postage date of 1957. My Grandmother purchased two of these Pythons direct from Colt in Hartford Connecticut and was going to give one to my Grandfather and one for herself for their 40th anniversary but before their next anniversary, they got divorced and so she stored them away in her safe. When she passed guess who got the contents of that safe ... me, her only grandson. My eyes rolled around in their sockets when I saw the shipping box with COLT written on it. I kept it for a few years but since I am NOT a gun collector, I sold one of them FOR $8800 !!! ( YES, I kept the other one and took it right to the range, without a moment's hesitation, fired 150 rounds of .38 spl down range so I would never be even tempted to store it away as the ultimate collectible but rather enjoy the living hell out of shooting perhaps the finest revolver ever made. Pulling back the hammer, feeling that silky smooth, buttery jeweled action is incomparable and must be experienced to be believed. I never want to own a gun that I can't take out and SHOOT. You can ALWAYS make more money but you can't always go out and shoot a Colt Python. I put the Aimpoint scope on it and its an absolute tack driver at 25 yards.

Anyways, my point is that I think you should get much more for your beautiful revolver !

PS ... 1/2 my shooting buddies cringed when they heard I took an unfired Python to the range and "broke it in", the other 1/2 are so proud of me for doing that. So am I ;-)

View attachment 654093

You're saying that because you never shot a Korth revolver.

And the price on the OP's is varying a lot ... That blue box tells me it was definitely not made before 1957. And there's probably NO thank you letter from Colt, for which they are charging now $200 ... I know 'cause I am sitting on a pair of Colt SAA 3rd Gen 7.5" factory engraved, made in 1977, and they are still in the same condition as the day they were shipped to their owner.

So, unless you find the right person, you will never sell it for so much that you sold yours.

GLWS though for an awesome piece of history.

Nick

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.