JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold

Colt Python 001.JPG

Last Edited:
Serial # 04090 which I believe makes it 1983.
Got some positive feedback. The whole serial number is PN04090. Looking on the Colt website, this serial number comes up as being manufactured in 1995 and not 1983. If there was no prefix of PN it looks like it would have been manufactured in 1983. When I purchased the pistol, I was told it was NIB but since there are no serial numbers on box to confirm, I have advertised this as LNIB. The cylinder has been rotated showing a very slight line. Pistol has never been fired.

Except by Colt at the factory, but that doesn't count in my book.
Good luck with the sale. They are a joy to behold and even better to shoot.

Except by Colt at the factory, but that doesn't count in my book.
Good luck with the sale. They are a joy to behold and even better to shoot.
I'm a airhead, I apologize for being so dense. I should not have advertised as never been shot. Excluding the Colt factory test, it's never been shot. Thank you for your input. I will not make that error again. Thank you.

If that Python has the Colt VP (Verified Proof) on the side of the trigger guard, it was fired at the factory.
I think a better term instead of unfired would be NIB or New in Box, which to me anyways, denotes that it has never been fired outside of the factory.

If that Python has the Colt VP (Verified Proof) on the side of the trigger guard, it was fired at the factory.
I think a better term instead of unfired would be NIB or New in Box, which to me anyways, denotes that it has never been fired outside of the factory.
Good info. and feel much the benefactor of our exchange. I will use that type of verbiage in the future. Wish I could do a "do over" with this entire thread. Thanks again!

No need for a do-over. Your pistol is causing mouths to water all over NWFA country. I'm sure it will sell relatively quickly. But you are bound to get lots of questions since $3000 is a lot of money. Just answer each one as you're able and people can determine whether this beauty of a revolver is for them. It sounds like this has been an opportunity for you to learn more, too.

There's a guy on eBay that claims to be selling mint condition Colt Python cardboard boxes and shipping sleeves. All with no writing on the end flaps.
They are made in China, but look factory made.
A lot of these are bought and then doctored up to look like the original one with serial numbers and other factory writings when the gun is shipped from the factory.
It substantially brings up the value of the gun if you can get away with it, but since you are missing the original sleeve, it is clear that you haven't gone that route and are honestly trying to represent the firearm for what it really is.

No need for a do-over. Your pistol is causing mouths to water all over NWFA country. I'm sure it will sell relatively quickly. But you are bound to get lots of questions since $3000 is a lot of money. Just answer each one as you're able and people can determine whether this beauty of a revolver is for them. It sounds like this has been an opportunity for you to learn more, too.
Thank you for your patience and comments.

There's a guy on eBay that claims to be selling mint condition Colt Python cardboard boxes and shipping sleeves. All with no writing on the end flaps.
They are made in China, but look factory made.
A lot of these are bought and then doctored up to look like the original one with serial numbers and other factory writings when the gun is shipped from the factory.
It substantially brings up the value of the gun if you can get away with it, but since you are missing the original sleeve, it is clear that you haven't gone that route and are honestly trying to represent the firearm for what it really is.
Much appreciated!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.