JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2000
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Spokane
State
Washington
Zip Code
Colt Pre-Ban
Carbine II

Near excellent condition.
16" Barrel
2 -position stock
Original sling
1 magazine

2000$ Cash
Must transfer FFL. No exceptions.
Will be in the Olympia, WA. Area from May 13-16.

Don't not post to thread.
PM for information.

D21239A5-84E5-449C-855F-12CF732FDFB0.jpeg D497C69E-09E4-412A-9D90-B3F22179238B.jpeg BD1DEC7E-5609-4B7C-9EDE-B9BD3B1D89BB.jpeg A2B0E08E-D82B-4844-B94B-468FCA5C5776.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Sorry, but you're wrong. The 6420 wasn't marked as a SP1, nor have the SP1 serial range, and it was marked as a Sporter. And, the 6420 had the plastic stock, where the 6001 had the vinyl acetate coated metal stock (what is on your gun). And, the upper on your gun has a .25" pivot pin, where your lower has a .375 pin, and it uses a conversion pin to hold the two together.

When they say SP1 style lowers were used on 6420s, they mean that they didn't have the A2 reinforcements that the later guns had, not that they were actually marked SP1.

Just for funsies, use the serial number to date your gun, then look at the first date of production of the 6420. You'll notice a gap.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The 6420 wasn't marked as a SP1, nor have the SP1 serial range, and it was marked as a Sporter. And, the 6420 had the plastic stock, where the 6001 had the vinyl acetate coated metal stock (what is on your gun). And, the upper on your gun has a .25" pivot pin, where your lower has a .375 pin, and it uses a conversion pin to hold the two together.

When they say SP1 style lowers were used on 6420s, they mean that they didn't have the A2 reinforcements that the later guns had, not that they were actually marked SP1.

Just for funsies, use the serial number to date your gun, then look at the first date of production of the 6420. You'll notice a gap.

Well, you don't have a transition gun either.

I don't know why you're so hung up about it. It's a nice rifle, it's just not what you want to think it is. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, but in the end, you're not be honest about what you're selling.

Your buyers might be OK with that, as a conglomeration of parts, it very well might be worth it to them. But, as a collectable, specific model, you just don't have it. It's not a transition. There are years in gap between when yours was made and when a 6420 was made. Colt NEVER did a transition rifle with a conversion pin.

Quite honestly, a 6001 lower with the factory stake marks still on the stock is a pretty valuable thing. Your pictures dont show the markings on the top end, but it very well, too, might be good equipment. Lets just quit pretending that it came that way from the factory.

I should also note.... Colt made some 'Conversion Kits' that came with a conversion pin. These uppers were supplied with a pin so you could mate your large hole lower with a small hole upper. That conversion pin was very specific. So, even if you wanted to make the argument that this is a transition gun using a factory Colt conversion pin, you'd still not have the right stuff, as the conversion pin in your gun is not of style as the conversion pin that Colt supplied with their kits. You can also see the tell tale signs of someone using a screwdriver that was too big while turning in yoru conversion pin, as it left a circular scratch on the lower. There goes the whole claim of ''never taken apart'.

Not hung up about anything.
It's not a parts rifle.

Another Colt expert out of work.

Well, you don't have a transition gun either.

I don't know why you're so hung up about it. It's a nice rifle, it's just not what you want to think it is. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, but in the end, you're not be honest about what you're selling.

Your buyers might be OK with that, as a conglomeration of parts, it very well might be worth it to them. But, as a collectable, specific model, you just don't have it. It's not a transition. There are years in gap between when yours was made and when a 6420 was made. Colt NEVER did a transition rifle with a conversion pin.

Quite honestly, a 6001 lower with the factory stake marks still on the stock is a pretty valuable thing. Your pictures dont show the markings on the top end, but it very well, too, might be good equipment. Lets just quit pretending that it came that way from the factory.

I should also note.... Colt made some 'Conversion Kits' that came with a conversion pin. These uppers were supplied with a pin so you could mate your large hole lower with a small hole upper. That conversion pin was very specific. So, even if you wanted to make the argument that this is a transition gun using a factory Colt conversion pin, you'd still not have the right stuff, as the conversion pin in your gun is not of style as the conversion pin that Colt supplied with their kits. You can also see the tell tale signs of someone using a screwdriver that was too big while turning in yoru conversion pin, as it left a circular scratch on the lower. There goes the whole claim of ''never taken apart'.

Well, I wanted to think you were just ignorant and motivated by a want to have a higher grade model than you really have.

But, now I see you're a liar and a cheat. You know I'm right, and you're trying to screw someone. The evidence?

YOUR EARLIER AD

Where you tried to sell it, acknowledging it's a SP1 and not a 6420. Moreover, you even say that you changed the stock on it... so there goes your claim that it's never been taken apart.

Well, I wanted to think you were just ignorant and motivated by a want to have a higher grade model than you really have.

But, now I see you're a liar and a cheat. You know I'm right, and you're trying to screw someone. The evidence?

YOUR EARLIER AD

Where you tried to sell it, acknowledging it's a SP1 and not a 6420. Moreover, you even say that you changed the stock on it... so there goes your claim that it's never been taken apart.
Blah blah blah!
Move along little Troll.

No problem. I'm done. You're a proven liar and a cheat, and now everyone reading this ad knows.

If someone still wants to do business with a liar and a cheat, that's not of my concern.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.