JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It actually looks blue in person, and quite frankly beautiful!

cant wait to take her out and get some rounds down range.

View attachment 905597 View attachment 905604
They have to be cleaned, because they have 70-100 year old gunked up grease in the internals. This can make the grip safety sticky and cause other grief. Quite often, the older examples have lousy bores, as primers were corrosive early in the 20th century.They are not the easiest to reassemble. Actually, you can buy a brand new 1903 made by US Armaments. Even though they are Python/Anaconda expensive, they are sold out. Colt's made almost 540,000 of them, so they are out there, but they are still finely made classic examples of good old American craftsmanship.

Join the Colt Forum as there is a wealth of knowledge there. In fact, there is a 330 page thread on the hammerless, which actually does have a hammer, except internal.

Ok that's still impressive as all hell to get even the info you have from memory!!!! Damn I'd be lucky to remember all my purchase dates by memory hahaha!

thank you for the fantastic insight to the history of this firearm! I'm hoping to get many years of service and maybe even pass this along if I ever decide to have kids. It's certainly more than sturdy enough!
In the words of the immortal John C. Holmes, "They don't make 'em like that anymore."

Last Edited:
Little late .. but I have a weapon that looks exactly like that . It was made by browning or fn. i think it was made in 1920's not sure , I believe they competed with colt .
Any idea on value ?

58AB569A-6015-4150-997B-3D0C5E4741C9.png E3685CD0-BC9E-421E-968E-428EC994B6B5.png C5E41274-C49B-46B6-BAEC-A2DC4766EE5F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top