JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some time back I got this Colt Official Police with a cut down barrel from my Uncle.
He got it from his Father who was an FBI agent.

How do you put a value on this? Other than the finish is original and the gun is in great shape?
I kind of wish it was the whole Fits special treatment. :D

Anyways. Id like to here your opinions. Even if you think its a POS worth $50 in parts. ;)

IMG_0389.JPG IMG_0390 (2).JPG IMG_0391 (2).JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

Last Edited:
I like it. I've always wanted one with a Fitz treatment, preferably a big bore. Cut down trigger guard and all. Never carry it, but I'd shoot the piss out of it.

That one is awesome, just maybe some wood grips?

The value? Well, it's a chopped up Colt, but as long as it shoots, it's still a Colt. Plus it has family provenance. It doesn't add value to a sale, but the stories that gun could tell are priceless...

The more the python increases in price it drags the other colt revolvers right along with it or so it seems. I like blued revolvers and 1911's about the same but classic revolvers seem to be increasing in price faster then classic 1911 models. Not real sure on price but 500ish? I like it!

I've got the same gun waiting to be re-barreled at Velzey's. It had 4 squibs stuck in the original 6" barrel.
I found a nice 4" barrel on eBay and soon I hope I'll blasting away with the old girl.

Yes.

It's not something you are going to carry. There are better options. It's not something you are going to sell, as it's a family heirloom.
It's already chopped, might as well go all the way!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top