JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like I said when they first said they were going to stop making them and some were freaking out and calling them names because they were not going to sell to civilians that it was because there was an excessive overstock of them that they needed to clear out and they would start once the demand was back and sure enough the demand came back and the overstock was wiped out.

It's just business why produce a something that you can't make a profit on because the market is flooded.
Yeah, scary how many people couldn't get past the first week of Econ 101 with Price-Quantity and Supply-Demand curves, isn't it?

Simple: Demand goes up, Price goes up, Supply increases until equilibrium is restored. Demand goes down, Price goes down and Supply follows.

You can tell that many of the crowd went to public schools where this stuff was cut out of the curriculum decades ago... lol

I see, so you too know of the better companies and don't blindly follow colt. :rolleyes:

I mean, yeah I'd choose PSA over colt if I was budgeting. If I was gonna spend Colt money then why not spend extra for any of the better companies? o_O

I don't blindly follow anyone, nor do I deny Colt IS the yard stick by which all ARs are measured and rightly so. It wasn't that long ago Brownells was selling complete lowers for $256 dollars and OEM uppers under $500. Yes I can buy and build better ARs but not for under $750. But I do get a kick out those claiming PSA is "just as good as" a Colt.

I don't blindly follow anyone, nor do I deny Colt IS the yard stick by which all ARs are measured and rightly so. It wasn't that long ago Brownells was selling complete lowers for $256 dollars and OEM uppers under $500. Yes I can buy and build better ARs but not for under $750. But I do get a kick out those claiming PSA is "just as good as" a Colt.
PSA is budget. And if it wasn't for the FN barrels I wouldn't bother.

All the PSA ARs I've tried never had a problem going bang. Built a few around $450 with PSA parts and I'd be hard pressed to justify the price of a Colt or boutique AR when comparing function. Now, I haven't put 10,000 rounds through any of them, but I'd bet the Colt and the PSA wouldn't be too different after the same round count. Would I buy a Colt over a PSA for the same price of $450? Probably at least once to see what the hype was, but probably not more than that.

I could be wrong though. It has been known to happen from time to time.

I've owned several ARs over the years, ranging from $600 to $2300. None were Colt. It seemed to me you paid for the name more than anything. Let's be real, 6920 is just a basic AR. I never seen them on store shelves but folks online wanted more that it would cost to build your own with upgraded everything. Volume contracts is big money fast, retail is nothing compared to Uncle sam. Whatever reasons might be for this move, they'll eat the consequences.

It's livin in the USA- ain't it great having to make choices?:s0115:
I've been a Colt guy as far as AR's go from the first time I handled one... also including some revolvers and many 1911's... Competition is good! I was sorry to hear that Colt was seemingly going down the road of the former S&W a couple decades ago.
No accounting for taste.. or product loyalty and trust, for that matter. That said, I wonder how Ruger's AR is doing?

For any who aren't aware, Colt decided to re-entered the civilian market last month:

With their military and LE obligations caught up it made economic sense in this overheated market.

IMO you are still paying a premium for a roll mark, but they are still better than entry level AR's mostly due to their barrels. If you want or need a quality chrome lined CMV barrel Colt and FN along with a few others is the place to get them. The roll mark also makes it easier to sell later.

I don't own any Colts, but I don't buy rifles I intend to sell. I also don't use chrome lined barrels preferring nitride or even lack of treatment entirely as the rifling is dimensionally perfect where added linings like chrome can vary and will wear away. Which is best is all about the application and your personal preference.

I've very objective and focus on specifications and performance. I don't care whose name is on what as long as it meets my requirements. I prefer to do my own assembly as that is usually what differentiates a good from a "bad" AR and it allows me to check and vet every part.

In any event I am happy that Colt products are once again available to the civilian market,

For any who aren't aware, Colt decided to re-entered the civilian market last month:

With their military and LE obligations caught up it made economic sense in this overheated market.

IMO you are still paying a premium for a roll mark, but they are still better than entry level AR's mostly due to their barrels. If you want or need a quality chrome lined CMV barrel Colt and FN along with a few others is the place to get them. The roll mark also makes it easier to sell later.

I don't own any Colts, but I don't buy rifles I intend to sell. I also don't use chrome lined barrels preferring nitride or even lack of treatment entirely as the rifling is dimensionally perfect where added linings like chrome can vary and will wear away. Which is best is all about the application and your personal preference.

I've very objective and focus on specifications and performance. I don't care whose name is on what as long as it meets my requirements. I prefer to do my own assembly as that is usually what differentiates a good from a "bad" AR and it allows me to check and vet every part.

In any event I am happy that Colt products are once again available to the civilian market,

Well yeah.... with rioting apparently becoming the new American pastime... there's a HUGE new market to be exploited again! :rolleyes:

Tanks a laught!! That brings back some great mamories!! ;):D

1598662492582.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews