JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought one a while back as I wanted something small and light to carry around the house. On the very, very remote possibility that a kid would be in our house we don't keep any guns downstairs, but I am or the Warden is down there a good bit. It occurred to me that I might have time to reach a gun if it were necessary so I wanted to carry at home. I used to wear gym shorts, but there was no place for a Cell phone and I switched to shorts with pockets. Pockets also make a good place for a holster so I wanted small and light. I did not try the popular Sig 238 or a Kahr 380, I passed on the Ruger LCP and various Taurus models, In short I got what made my eyes twinkle. The Colt Mustang XSP. It came with two six round magazines, and I bought a third. All Mustang Magazines will fit. It is a single action semiautomatic, but to say it is 1911 like would be wrong.

With the magazine in or out and the hammer down, safety on, you cannot rack the slide. There is no safety notch in the slide like a 1911 that would mechanically prevent the slide from moving. If the hammer is back (Cocked) you can then rack the slide with the safety on.

If you carry the Mustang "Cocked and Locked", and I do, it isn't quite as locked as a 1911 would be. It does not concern me.

It has a nice trigger and seems very accurate when I shot 50 rounds through it, It has good sights except they are all black, I used some OD Green model airplane paint on the back of the front blade and I like that a lot better.

This one will see a lot of use from me I really like it.:)

Pandaz, I'm glad that you like your new Colt! I've shot a couple of Mustangs and found them to be reliable and accurate, given that that they are what they are (minuscule .380's).
I also carry full time, generally a Sig/Sauer P290RS, a mini-nine, or, occasionally, a Ruger LCP. While I have a couple I find that I just don't like pocket holsters! I've gone to ITW holsters exclusively and with these small pistols I don't even notice that they're on board. I use SHTF brand holsters and recommend them hardely! I wear them next to my skin all summer (above the waist) in perfect comfort. They are a leather backed hybrid BTW. Check them out on Amazon. If your happy with the pocket holsters sorry for wasting your time. Enjoy your new pistol!:D!!!
SRG

Last Edited:
The biggest problem i have with pocket holsters is they take up a pocket. I was taught to keep my wallet up front and so it then has to move to the other side. In the house it is okay I don't need my wallet, but outside I do (and normally carry a XDS 45) So I'll look into the ITW option.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top