JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are the differences between the two other than production numbers ?

colt marine
Novak® 3 Dot Night Sights
Enhanced Hammer
Ambidextrous Safety Lock
Long, Solid Aluminum Trigger
Flat, Serrated Mainspring Housing with Lanyard Loop
Desert Tan Cerakoted Stainless Steel Receiver and Slide
5" National Match® Barrel
MIL-STD-1913 Accessory Rail

colt rail
Novak® Low Mount Carry Sights with Dots
Enhanced Hammer
Extended Ambidextrous Safety Lock
Colt Upswept Beavertail Grip Safety
3-Hole Aluminum Trigger
Lowered and Flared Ejection Port
M1913 Picatinny Rail
5"National Match® Barrel
Front and Rear Slide Serrations

Other than the finish, grips w/ larger screws , night sights, lanyard, both have rails but the marine saya "MIL-STD-1913 Accessory Rail" Vs. the colt rail a M1913 Picatinny Rail

You tube review
Colt M45CQB USMC 45 ACP Semi-Automatic Pistol - Gunblast.com - YouTube

Oh man! I had to refrain from commenting on the for sale ad featuring the USMC 1911. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think that thing is butt ugly. I'm sure it performs well, or it wouldn't have scored the contract, but good grief! The grips on it are maybe even worse than the baby diarrhea finish.

Form often follows function, but in this case, not so much...

I guess the two points I have is the marine is very similar to the colt rail which can be had for 1,100-1,200.00 and the marine retails for 1,999.00 and people are selling at double that.

A few said I didn't know what I was talking about and they are not the same and while I agree they are very similar pistols is the difference worth nearly 3K or are people are just buying hype.

I believe it's a series 80. I certainly understand the desire to keep the .45. I love the 1911 and own 5 of them at present, but are there not higher tech, more reliable firearms to be had in .45 ACP? Maybe tradition trumps logic.

In any event, it's the AR hype after Sandy Hook. It's insane to pay that much money just to play soldier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top