JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking for some basic info on a possible set up i want to run with . any info would be greatly appreciated . i own a colt le6920 that comes with a 16 in. barrell. i am looking at the acog ta31roc for a scope . my research shows that they make the acog ta31 for a 14.5 or 20 in. barrell . in order to be able to use the sight marks on the rectical as desighned will eather one of these options work . this scope is set up for a possible 800 meter shot . but my guess is that my barrell length will play a big problem on longer range shots . i dont realy want to spend that kind of money and find out i need to change out a barrell to dial in my scope properly for full shot range spectrum . i have taken a look at the eotech as well and think the acog offers me more of what i want . what do you guys think????
:confused:

Any scope that features a pre-set BDC is going to be barrel length and round specific - that is just the nature of the beast. That said, the velocity difference between a 14.5in and a 16in barrel is relatively small and if you use the proper ammunition you should be just fine.

thanks for the info . i am going to try it out without mods or barrel swap and see how it goes . i think as a quick comparison i can remove the flash hider to bring barrel length to 14.5

the idea of removing fh was for a compairison , not a permant solution . i would buy a correct barrel if there is a differance . i did a quick measure of barrel and found the removal of the fh still would not bring the length down to 14.5 any way . i do apprecciate your concern and will try acog as a bolt on before anything else