Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Colt LE 6920

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by CrossHairs, Dec 29, 2009.

1. CrossHairs

CrossHairs Tigard Active Member

Anybody know if any retailers here around the PDX area have any on the shelves?

Saw a nice deal at the PDX show a few weeks back, but was unable to act there and then....sadly!

2. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Keith's? Otherwise you could just wait until the next Portland gunshow.

3. CrossHairs

Is that out in Gresham? I had considered waiting till the next PDX show, but that's in february isn't it?.....and while I ain't in a hurry...I was thinking of getting something within the next month.

May have a line on a used one...lets see how good that looks.

4. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Yes out in Gresham on Powell Blvd. Keith can be a bit cranky, and the help.....:confused:, but they are the largest stocking dealer in Oregon of firearms.

5. CrossHairs

Thanks for the info.

6. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I don't know what the model number is but last time I was at Fishermans both stores had Colt M4s on the rack. I want to say they were 1500 or so.

7. Camtender

Camtender SE Portland Member

Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas TX (one of the largest Colt dealers in the US) has them right now for $1,095. Ask for Shawn when you call and tell him you are from Oregon, (214) 351-3628.

They will even ship the gun without cutting the masking tape straps on the box.

8. MEP1000

MEP1000 Milwaukie Active Member

I think Northwest Armory has a couple.. 503-654-7974 They were around 1,250 or so

9. CrossHairs

Well...they have one less now :)

Stopped by there this morning and got myself sorted out. Price was a 'little' lower than the $1250 so I jumped on it. The box was still taped from the factory.

Hoping to get out to the range tomorrow and let off a few rounds...if not, will have to wait till saturday.

Thanks to everyone for your input helped me having to spend hours dashing about!

10. MEP1000

MEP1000 Milwaukie Active Member

LOL sweet :thumbup:

11. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I think you will like it CrossHairs, been very happy with mine.

12. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I just sold my NIB 6920 on this forum several weeks ago. The 6920 is a great rifle, however I had bought a Colt 6940 which I liked better.

Wanting something other than another Colt AR for my collection (I already have a Sporter HBAR & the 6940), I bought/built a LMT M4 type rifle. You can put together a simular quality LMT rifle for under $1K. I bought my complete LMT lower w/ SopMod stock at the last PDX show for $325 and a complete LMT 16" bbl M4 upper for $550 delivered. The difference in cost almost paid for the new Tactical Solutions AR22 M4 upper that I also bought at the show.

Upper Link:
    http://weaponparts.storesecured.com...pper-1-7-twist-f-5-6c7-cb-sf-x-xxx-detail.htm

13. CrossHairs

I did look at the 6940's as well, and I must say, they also impressed me, but when it came down to it, I just wanted a 'standard' (if there is any such thing) configuration AR15 for this go round.

The only real change up I'm going to make is to remove the handle and replace it with a rail mounted rear sight (for BUIS) and a dot sight (probably co-witness) . I'll work on that later...gotta get this baby out and shooting first.

14. CrossHairs

Got out and shot the new beast this morning.....I am very happy with it.

Till I put a dot sight on it, I attached an old Simmons 3-9 scope on it. At 50 yards, I was cutting a ragged hole in the target(only after switching to my hand loads), and at 100 yards, I did manage one sub m.o.a, 5 round group which included a three round cluster that was pretty much a clover leaf pattern.

The trigger is going to take a little getting used to(I've been using my Savage a lot lately), but I have to say, initial impressions are that this is going to be a superb firearm.