JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cleaning out house for sale, I came across a Colt Huntsman I don't remember purchasing. It is rusty and needs work. The main problem is I am unable to rack the slide. It moves about an eighth of an inch then stops. Safety is off. I have tried squirting penetrating oil all over the place. This has only made the slide slippery.

Any ideas?

Last Edited:
Cleaning out house for sale, I came across a Colt Huntsman I don't remember purchasing. It is rusty and needs work. The main problem is I am unable to rack the slide. It moves about an eighth of an inch then stops. Safety is off. I have tried squirting penetrating oil all over the place. This has only made the slide slippery.

Ant ideas?
Is it unloaded? Maybe a chambered round welded itself to the chamber with green goo.

Hopefully, someone didn't try to remove the slide without retracting it all the way back and then pressing the little round button on top that holds the slide spring in a compressed state.
If that happened, you can kiss that slide goodbye, as the only way that I know of to get the slide to move back is to cut it off the frame.

If I remember correctly, you could drill out the top button to release the spring! I would check with Velzey and see what he has to say!
pix_huntsman.jpg

It's part #7 in the schematic that's the culprit. I've heard of this problem more then a couple of times and it never did work out very well for the slide.

I've seen this problem before on Colts, Hi Standards, and variants that have this type of frame rails. Moisture gets in and rust forms on the inside of the frame rails and stuck it is!

I soak and soak well, I won't disclose all my tricks. But I can make it work and not drill any extra holes in it, or make any ball peen hammer indents in it :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top