JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DSC01210.jpg DSC01212.jpg
Hello All

My Colt model 70 is having ejection problems I think it is the extractor any ideas here is 2 photos.
Thx
Dan

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

You can "tune" your old extractor, I find the next thing that breaks after that is the extractor. To tune it you first remove it from the gun, and basically hold it in protected jaws in your vice, give it a whack it the direction it is presently bent, that will make it grab the rim of the empty shell casing tighter. Too lose & it don't work, too tight & it don't work...

I would remove it from the slide, and clean the extractor tunnel, as well as the extractor itself.

It appears from the pics that the extractor is losing control of the case, so a tad bit of tension may help. A little goes a long way here, so go light with the "whacking".

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but when I look at that last picture I see a hole in the frame where the ejector is supposed to be. Where is your ejector? That would cause the problem you are describing.
Jason

Yep, those two holes in the top of your frame are for the ejector. That's your problem, you need to order a new one and install it, or have a gunsmith drop one in for you. It's not an expensive part, and the install is easy.
Jason

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads