JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Regarding paying tax on a transfer, so long as the Vancouver FFL gets a photocopy of the OR resident's DL, no tax is levied, whether purchased or traded. Have done this type of transaction multiple times on both purchases and trades with OR residents, and at least at Tropics Pawn, there is no sales tax levied. :)
Btw, really dig the Sig and the Colt Gold Cup. Nice guns!

I've made one trade with an Oregon residence, not only did I have to pay tax on the used firearm, I had to pay tax based on the bloated new MSRP.
Im sorry to hear you got screwed by the FFL. That really sucks. I'd appreciate knowing what FFL did this so I (by PM) or we (post it up) can know where to avoid.

"I-594 Removes the requirement for Firearm Dealers to collect sales or use tax from the transferee on firearms between unlicensed persons whether such transfers are in-state or interstate.

I-594 Keeps the requirement for Firearm Dealers to collect sales tax or use tax from the transferee on interstate firearms by a licensed dealer. The tax collected will be inclusive of any shipping, handling or insurance charges."

Taken from a dealers website on the issue. Sounds like your experience occured prior to 594. If it was after, that sucks.

Somebody please take that gorgeous stainless Colt home. It's killing me.

Nice gear, Monkey! Long time no see!

9s5d9v.jpg

I am interested in your Sig P220 Combat. I have a few very nice 1911 pistols for trade (plus or minus cash).
See my threads under Catbert95 and let me know if any of the 1911's tickle your fancy.
I am willing to travel to Vancouver to do a transfer at Tropics Jewelry & Loan in Orchards.
Dave

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.