JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I live in Oregon. Can i come to Washington to do a trade?

I've gotten conflicting information, but most I talk to say you would have to come here with your item to transfer then I would then have to go to Oregon to make the transfer on what I'm giving to you. Either that, or our FFL's would have to ship to each other. I'm not 100% on any of this, which is why I'm more inclined to keep it simple and deal with SW WA residents.

With handguns (or a bare receiver like an AR15 lower)......

A buyer needs to pick it up from their own FFL (within their home state).

So in this case, with a WA seller and an OR buyer.....the WA seller needs to have the handgun sent or *delivered to an OR FFL. The OR FFL will be responsible to ensure that all laws are followed on that end before the OR buyer can pick it up.

Rifles and shotguns are treated differently.

Aloha, Mark

*Of course, a WA seller can always bring it across the border to OR and deliver it himself to the OR FFL. I've never heard of an FFL who wouldn't accept a firearm this way. But, I guess it could happen and of course...CA is crazy so....F@^* CA.

I've made one trade with an Oregon residence, not only did I have to pay tax on the used firearm, I had to pay tax based on the bloated new MSRP.

YES....in as much as handguns are concerned. As a WA resident doing a buy from an OR Seller or in a trade with an OR resident.......because it's a handgun and you're picking it up at a WA FFL's place of business.....the buyer (YOU as a WA resident) will end up paying the tax.

What's a trade worth and what you paid (or claimed that you paid) is another/different subject to talk about.

Aloha, Mark

I've never had to pay tax on a private party from Oregon being delivered to washington. only someone with an ffl delivering it to Washington for you will charge you tax and not the ffl.

I've made one trade with an Oregon residence, not only did I have to pay tax on the used firearm, I had to pay tax based on the bloated new MSRP.

WOW: There's no tax to be paid on trades between private citizens even if it is not a straight trade and it involves adjacent cash. Tax is to be paid ONLY if you buy a gun from a FFL (even if it's out of state, like Bid's gun shop). Just traded 2 guns for a Nighthawk with a FFL dealer and he did NOT charge me any tax. And because it was the gun he was selling (a $4,000 Nighthawk) I did not pay for the background check either. Go tell that FFL to screw himself. Or even better make a complaint against him with the WA Dept of Revenue ... He definitely pockets those money.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.