JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Got my trigger tester in the mail today, the Gold Cup came through with the best numbers out of the 20 or so semi-autos I've tested thus far. 4 pound trigger on the mark. My personal favorite 1911 (SCCHD) didn't fare so well, 4lb 10oz. I'll finish the semi's tomorrow as well as start on all the revolvers.

BigNickShooting,

Specs change over the years.

Don't just read the "modern specs" and assume that it's been the same throughout the years. Colt Ellison style sights were used in early productions of the Gold Cup.

Then again, a good clear close up picture of the rear sight could settle this matter. Sorry but, I couldn't really see it in the original picture. How about it PuddleMonkey?

Aloha, Mark

PS......PuddleMonkey......I'm not trying to waste your time. But, I would have been interested in your Gold Cup if it was a 70 series, Stainless Steel gun, with BoMar sights, in 45 ACP. Then again, maybe I'm looking for my "fantasy gun?"

BoMarandEllisonSights.jpg
BoMar style on the left and Ellison style on the right.

BoMar.jpg
BoMar Style

EllisonSight.jpg
Colt Ellison style

All of the photos were stolen from the internet.

Aloha, Mark

And for those that are sort of learning. This is a Novak style sight.

Novak1.jpg

And of course........BoMar sights, Ellison sights and even the Novak style sights (and mounting methods) may vary somewhat from these pictures.

Aloha, Mark

PS......PuddleMonkey......I'm not trying to waste your time. But, I would have been interested in your Gold Cup if it was a 70 series, Stainless Steel gun, with BoMar sights, in 45 ACP. Then again, maybe I'm looking for my "fantasy gun?"

If Ellison were used on early versions it's not that, this gun isn't very old. They look like the BoMar pictured above, it reads Colt on the side and has a Pony on top, all irrelevant however as you're looking for a 70's series.

Got my trigger tester in the mail today, the Gold Cup came through with the best numbers out of the 20 or so semi-autos I've tested thus far. 4 pound trigger on the mark. My personal favorite 1911 (SCCHD) didn't fare so well, 4lb 10oz. I'll finish the semi's tomorrow as well as start on all the revolvers.

I saw Guitarguy's trigger tester in person and ordered one the next day :s0112:

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.