JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well maybe the Chinese will make them better, ever production job is headed that way.o_O

Sounds good to me. I mean, I personally dig sub-par steel, "spray paint" quality blueing and loose tolerances in my firearms. Its kinda what I'm into. :eek:

Sounds good to me. I mean, I personally dig sub-par steel, "spray paint" quality blueing and loose tolerances in my firearms. Its kinda what I'm into. :eek:

Ya but with all production jobs leaving will there be enough money to buy Chinese junk errr guns?:D Colt goes buns up who will be next?

Colt has gone either out of business or bank rupt before. In the middle 1970 their commercial line dropped in quality like a rock. lost the mil contract and there you go Colt gone.

Have to say that I am sorry to see this thread about a great and historic U.S. firearms company on the ropes, devolve into a political debate.:(
Regardless if you like Colts or not, Colt has been one of the great industrial companies/stories of our country and I hate to see it fall. :(

Have to say that I am sorry to see this thread about a great and historic U.S. firearms company on the ropes, devolve into a political debate.:(
Regardless if you like Colts or not, Colt has been one of the great industrial companies/stories of our country and I hate to see it fall. :(

Looking back in my own personal history I noticed most things in life revolve around politics. People who have the power control the world we live in. You may not see it this way but in my opinion it is true. Colt like many other production companies is a victim of politics. They won't be the last victim.o_O

Didn't read the whole thread, don't need the political debate. All the information I need is in the article. Four little letters:

DEBT

Debt will sink anyone, private citizen, publicly traded corporation or public entity. Debt is evil, debt steals your future and keeps you working whether you like it or not. The borrower is slave to the lender....

Colt already beat them to it. My brand new Colt XSE purchased off of Gunbroker had a really loose trigger. Sent it back to the factory and they said it was a drop in part, therefore the rattle was normal (and they weren't going to offer to do anything about it). When shaken it sounds like an empty spraypaint can, albeit a paint can made in the US.

Last Edited:
Taxes have soared :D Notice government wants higher wages so they can collect more taxes. $15.00 an hr is just liveable but two people married filling joint returns will pay taxes on $60,000 a year if allowed to work a 40 hr week. Watch how much your healthcare goes up this year, those cost kill any wage increase you will get. Who is getting your healthcare tax money? Is your healthcare tax included in inflation figures done by the government?:D
What does that have to do with workers wages?

Your ridiculously sheepish desire to side with corporate entities that blame a fair living wage for the demise of their poorly run and mismanaged companies

Do you run a business?

I have run/owned multiple businesses. From construction to restaurants/bars.

And when all of your businesses failed is it safe to assume the reason was they were poorly run and mismanaged?

2nhf19k.jpg

For several years I worked for a privately owned company that did very well and those of us who did what was needed got paid well, too.
I have a close friend that was a rep for the Aerospace and Machinists Union. One of his main duties was to "protect" the employees of Freightliner. In discussions we had he mentioned that if all employers had treated employees the way my employer did, there never would have been a need for unions. He even went on to say that the Union workforce was basically a joke because many of the members couldn't keep a job if it hadn't been for the Union. It pissed him off to no end having to defend a slacker who really deserved to lose his job, but the Union made sure he kept it. So, instead of the company being able to fire a POS employee and prosper because of it, they were stuck with deadwood.
I have another close friend who is a Teamster. They don't do him sh!t except that he has to pay them. He's a fantastic employee and hasn't had a raise in 8 years. (and making less than $45k a year with nearly 20 years experience)
How about Winchester closing New Haven? Most of that was based on a "strong" labor union. Seems like FN is doing well in South Carolina after getting out of the "union" business.

80 years ago there was a reason for the Unions. Not so today.

For several years I worked for a privately owned company that did very well and those of us who did what was needed got paid well, too.
I have a close friend that was a rep for the Aerospace and Machinists Union. One of his main duties was to "protect" the employees of Freightliner. In discussions we had he mentioned that if all employers had treated employees the way my employer did, there never would have been a need for unions. He even went on to say that the Union workforce was basically a joke because many of the members couldn't keep a job if it hadn't been for the Union. It pissed him off to no end having to defend a slacker who really deserved to lose his job, but the Union made sure he kept it. So, instead of the company being able to fire a POS employee and prosper because of it, they were stuck with deadwood.
I have another close friend who is a Teamster. They don't do him sh!t except that he has to pay them. He's a fantastic employee and hasn't had a raise in 8 years. (and making less than $45k a year with nearly 20 years experience)
How about Winchester closing New Haven? Most of that was based on a "strong" labor union. Seems like FN is doing well in South Carolina after getting out of the "union" business.

80 years ago there was a reason for the Unions. Not so today.
You know what else sucks...when a guilt person goes free because a group of citizens stand up to the government and make them bear the burden of proof when a crime is committed. <---sarcasm.

Sometimes bad workers get to keep their jobs (but not often, union people get fired all the time) but the union protects all workers. They make the big corporations treat employees like people instead of property (which they have historically done). Just like when the people demand the government treat all citizens fairly even though they know it will cause some guilty people to go free.

Hey, Playboy, since you have been such a successful business man, believe in being paid for what you do (or don't do), being one of the most prolific posters on this site, not to mention using this forum to spring board your You Tube videos, why don't you support Joe Link instead of being such a leach?
I've never seen a Supporter icon under your name, ever. Just sayin...

Hey, Playboy, since you have been such a successful business man, believe in being paid for what you do (or don't do), being one of the most prolific posters on this site, not to mention using this forum to spring board your You Tube videos, why don't you support Joe Link instead of being such a leach?
I've never seen a Supporter icon under your name, ever. Just sayin...
I do support Joe. I buy something at least once a week from the ads running on his site. Still, one can't help but notice your desperately childish attempt to attack me on an unrelated topic since you obviously are far to ignorant of the one actually being discussed to mount any defense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top