Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Colt Frontier scout

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Pandaz3, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just brought my Dad's old Scout back from Montana. I was a kid when my Mom bought it for him for some occasion (Birthday, Father's Day, Christmas ?) I am sure it was in the 50's from a store with a gun counter, Main street, Coeur d' Alene. I pointed it out to her as the one he was interested in. It is well worn as he used it a lot in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming as a rancher. It has homemade maple grips I don't know where the original Hard rubber grips are. it has a "Bauer Bros" basket weave holster.

Can anyone jog my memory on it's age? I think it was in it's introductory year. The serial number is 1232Q I think though the Q could be a zero.

Thanks folks

2. spikedzombies

spikedzombies Lakewood/Tacoma Member

Dunno about the age but I got a nice german ripoff of the scout for $75 and love it.

3. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes mine will be a nice shooter, not valuable either, but I have been around it seems like forever.

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Try looking on this site. Mine ends with an "F" and was made in 1961. Yours looks like it was made in 1958. Still looking for a .22lr cylinder to match my .22 magnum

Serial Number Data proofhouse.com/colt/index.html

5. Pandaz3

No I think the Number is the start of the run at 1000Q so mine would be the 232d one in 1957. Thanks for the site