JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember reading a gun news and regular mainstream news story about this some time ago.

It was on several gun news websites too.

I don't know what the true story is.

I do remember this from a couple of years ago.

QUOTE:

Recall that Colt filed for bankruptcy protection in June of 2015, emerging in January of 2016. We hear that they've struggled to make money on their retail long gun sales for a long time. Colt lost its primary military contract for M16 and M4 rifles in 2013.

Cate

The Colt we remember is NOT the Colt of today.
The Colt of today is run by and managed from the UAW - yes, the United Automobile Workers UNION.

Unions by their very nature are democratic pawns that jump, roll over and sit pretty for their masters for that extra little scratch behind the ears when election time comes and they can say we fought with you in the war on guns...

Don't forget who owns and runs Colt, and look again as to why they are not selling rifles or parts to civilians any longer. :rolleyes:

Tom Gresham says this story is hogwash? (from a comment below the OP article)

Looks like I've got a bit to say today ...
Tom Gresham is a turd - Tommboy talks a good story about "Truth Squad" and "No lie left un-questioned"
Yet when you ask him why he turned his back on the Springfield Armory fiasco where they let their lobbiers make sweet deals for the two largest firearm manufacturers in Illinois (SPringfiels Armory and Rock River Arms) while the regular joe gun owner and small local gun store owners get screwed.

What did Fraudsham do?
Nothing.
Why?
Springfield Armory is the largest money supply and advertiser - so if Ole"Truth Squad" said an unfavorable word about his cash cow the spigot may get turned off, so it appears to be okay to turn a blind eye as long as it suits the narrative.

Don't ask him about it though, on any media source, as they ban you when you question the Truth Squad.

The Colt we remember is NOT the Colt of today.
The Colt of today is run by and managed from the UAW - yes, the United Automobile Workers UNION.

Unions by their very nature are democratic pawns that jump, roll over and sit pretty for their masters for that extra little scratch behind the ears when election time comes and they can say we fought with you in the war on guns...

Don't forget who owns and runs Colt, and look again as to why they are not selling rifles or parts to civilians any longer. :rolleyes:
You think Beto and the Union Boss had coffee

Tired of not being able to compete against other available choices so they have decided to just stop trying?

E

To what are you referring here?

I think I know, but many here may not!
And yes, I'll be keeping my 1911's, Snakes, Dragoon, and 7 1855 patent's Revolving Carbines and Rifles thank you very much!

In the early days, Colt was the cats meow in AR15's. Then everyone and their brother started manufacturing them at a lower price. Colt lost most of their civilian market share. Not surprised that they are moving on.

Colt released a letter I saw on another forum, basically they received some large law enforcement/military contracts for their rifles which is going go hog up all their production capability for a while.

Sounds like they just shot their foot.

a wise business move though. Saturated market, go ahead and only sell to those who are in power.

yup, good move.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads