JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been looking for a "good" Colt Diamondback in .38 Special for a few years. I turned one down Saturday at the Puyallup gun show because the guy who had it for sale was asking waaaaaay too much money for this particular gun, which had seen some pretty hard use, or at least hard time in a loose holster. About 30 percent of the blue was gone and there were badly worn places along both sides of the 4-inch barrel, and all around the cylinder, which was tragic.

The grips were in tough shape too.

This guy was asking $700, and he'd toss in the holster!

Then he tried dropping it to $600. The gun was, in my estimation, worth about half that, considering the poor finish.

I think the Diamondback is a rather under-rated revolver in .38 Special, and I'll keep looking for one with a 2 1/2- or 4-inch bbl.

Anybody seen a decent one for a rational price?

You missed one here just last week up in WA. 4" Diamondback .38 Spl for I think about $700 that looked to be in great shape. Keep perusing the classifieds here. One will probably pop up eventually.

Well, I got my Diamondback thanks to some good people here and have spent the past 3 weeks getting acquainted with it.

Worked up a load that is accurate and I'm waiting to use it on bunnies.

Now I've got to dig out all of my old .38 Speical brass and start tumbling it and reloading it .

:gun19: :gun10:

Great little revolver..