JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi -

This is a friend's gun and her family had it in a drawer for decades. Want her to at least have it at her disposal for HD so trying to figure it out. I know about as much about revolvers as quantum mechanics.

When the cylinder is out/off to the side, you can pull the trigger and the hammer pulls back and drops. With the cylinder in place, the trigger can only be pulled back about 3/8ths of an inch (same with hammer coming slightly back).

Otherwise, :(, it looks great. A little wear on the trigger guard left side and slight wear at barrel end, so it isn't like it has been abused. More like a revolver that has been carried but rarely fired. A piece of paper barely fits between the cylinder and the barrel.

Also, trying to figure out what ammo this thing takes. Was told Corto SW 38, but no go, the shells fit way tight in there LOL (no need for the Kevlar gloves, goggles and Dragon skin test!). 38 Long Colt seems to fit in there though. From the name, I would have said '38 special' but several people have said no, that the revolver is too old for that ammo.

Does anyone know definitely what ammo this takes? Low power, low recoil - shooter is small.

I could also take a video and post if that helps.

Thanks.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

When cylinder is swung open, you should not be able to cock the hammer or pull the trigger.
Hammer / trigger should only function when the cylinder is fully closed.
After looking at the picture, it appears to have been re-blued (bright off color oily looking bluing).
Someone might have sanded off the cartridge markings and when it was put back together, they might have screwed up the internal working order of safety assembly.

Hi Burt Gummer,
Do you know if anyone took it apart? Sounds Like the gun need to be taken apart and put back together right. I have a Disassembly and Reassembly DVD if you like Please come over and watch it. It may help you and it only 39 mins. PM me if you would like to see the DVD.
Sounds like it can be fixed just by putting it back together the rightway. If there are no broken or missing parts.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

your bolt (the thing that locks the cylinder) is not dropping to allow it to rotate this is the first thing that goes on them and colt when asked for repair parts or to sent it in for repair denys they ever seen it well not actually buy they no longer supply parts or service them. with cylinder out look in the bottom of the frame and cock it the little thing sticking up is the bolt it is suppose to drop when you start to cock it. that said i'll pay 50 bucks sight unseen for it as a parts gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top