JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
before i joined the army...my dad had a colt ar that was the first editions made...i think it was a sp model or something like that...circa 1980 i believe...no forward assist. triangular hand grips. sooo diffferant from what i carried. i would never felt safe with that vietnam era weapon. those 11Bs in the jungle...totally outgunned vs a AK47 at close range. the army should have used the Stoner 63 rifle...prob would have been a better outcome and less casualties.

71DDAA0E-7045-4599-990A-E41F7E93C943.jpeg
This era rifle should have the sear block and "half moon" carrier.

To answer SIG34's question.

No sear block but it does have a half moon carrier

before i joined the army...my dad had a colt ar that was the first editions made...i think it was a sp model or something like that...circa 1980 i believe...no forward assist. triangular hand grips. sooo diffferant from what i carried. i would never felt safe with that vietnam era weapon. those 11Bs in the jungle...totally outgunned vs a AK47 at close range. the army should have used the Stoner 63 rifle...prob would have been a better outcome and less casualties.
The SP s' lacking the forward assist were much older. I had a 1965 with a four digit s.n. 56xx. Nostalgic but I also prefer my Daniel Defense.

Looks like a SP-1 Hammer. Which means it might have the SP-1 carrier, disconnecter, and small flange AR15 SP-1 firing pin. Next to no wear on the hammer top.

So sad I am left handed! :) That fine rifle is definitely "semi collectible in nature" :)

before i joined the army...my dad had a colt ar that was the first editions made...i think it was a sp model or something like that...circa 1980 i believe...no forward assist. triangular hand grips. sooo diffferant from what i carried.
i would never felt safe with that vietnam era weapon. those 11Bs in the jungle...totally outgunned vs a AK47 at close range. the army should have used the Stoner 63 rifle...prob would have been a better outcome and less casualties.

I have a friend, USMC 2 tour duder.
They had turned in their beloved M14s and drawn Mattels.

1st stop was Hill 881..
And Yup, 1 1/2 mags into it they jammed. Fk You very Much Dot Guv....

They took the hill w/ 1911s and pigs and captured weapons and rocks and clubs and fists....

Then were told to come back down...

That continued, and when those that came home thru Oakland got spit on and called Baby Killers.....

58,128 +/- DEAD before their time because of lies piled upon moar lies....

I have a friend, USMC 2 tour duder.
They had turned in their beloved M14s and drawn Mattels.

1st stop was Hill 881..
And Yup, 1 1/2 mags into it they jammed. Fk You very Much Dot Guv....

They took the hill w/ 1911s and pigs and captured weapons and rocks and clubs and fists....

Then were told to come back down...

That continued, and when those that came home thru Oakland got spit on and called Baby Killers.....

58,128 +/- DEAD before their time because of lies piled upon moar lies....

Dang! That's crazy man :eek: got anymore story's of your friend ? Please share it!

Dang! That's crazy man :eek: got anymore story's of your friend ? Please share it!
Too many.. and Mind blowing..

He went up 881, went to help at Hue City, as well as Khe San during TET.
1 of 2 guys I know who got bayoneted, and him twice.

Each shot the VC in the face w/ their 1911s as they were attempting to bayo them....

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.