JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1400
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Newberg
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Selling my mid 90s Colt Government SP2 rifle. GS serial number and no lug gas block. All original .
Bipod and scope not included not included. Not interested in trades or lowballers.
$1400 buyer pays FFL. FTF only.

View attachment 750344 View attachment 750345 View attachment 750346 View attachment 750347 View attachment 750348 06.jpg View attachment 750350

I just remembered something unusual about this rifle. I first had an A2 that was a pre Clinton ban Green Label boxed unit. Does anyone here remember them ? It had problems of the bolt riding over the rim of the next round in the mag. So I sent it back to Colt. They replaced that one with this one which came in a Blue Labeled box. I complained to Colt about wanting my Green Label rifle back. They told me they couldn't do that because of the Clinton ban. They said the only difference between the old one and this one was they removed the bayonet lug, that's all. DUH !

The other interesting thing is Colt shipped this rifle directly to me. So the only record of it lies with Colt Manufacturing, there is no middle man.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I never thought about that. I'll post a pic later. I think if there was, there would be an other pin showing on the outside wall
There is no sear block

Last Edited:
Here's the answer to two questions. The first is there is no sear block. The second shows a pic of the BCG I have.
Back in the day when I was young and limber I shot practical rifle matches at TRi County and and other places with this and an M1A. Does any one here remember Soldier of Fortune matches in Nevada
Back then when I was smithing there wasn't anything around I liked to keep the upper and lower tight together. So I glass bedded the lower for a snug fit to stop vertical and lateral movement.
This rifle never missed a beat

DSC00032.JPG DSC00033.JPG Ar Glass Bedding 004.jpg

Here's what it looked like in it's fighting mode. Since then it's been a safe queen 011AR.jpg

Last Edited:
Here's the answer to two questions. The first is there is no sear block. The second shows a pic of the BCG I have.
Back in the day when I was young and limber I shot practical rifle matches at TRi County and and other places with this and an M1A. Does any one here remember Soldier of Fortune matches in Nevada
Back then when I was smithing there wasn't anything around I liked to keep the upper and lower tight together. So I glass bedded the lower for a snug fit to stop vertical and lateral movement.
This rifle never missed a beat

View attachment 760280 View attachment 760282 View attachment 760290

Here's what it looked like in it's fighting mode. Since then it's been a safe queenView attachment 760291
Interesting, first time I have seen a glass bedded AR. GLWS!

Were you on the Al Mar shooting team ? I remember drinking lots of Gatorade. Al Supplied H.K. 91& 93 's But most used their own toys. Me, I used this AR, and an A1, and an M1A. Also had 1911 Gov't models and a Rem 1100
When Al passed all the H.K.'s were returned to his wife.

I found this on U-tube.

Last Edited:
Were you on the Al Mar shooting team ? .....

Nope, not on any team.

Just a hard working dude that saved up for one big match every year, and S.O.F. was only a 5 hour drive from the SoCal deserts back then.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.