JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have Colt AR-15 A2 post ban that the bolt carries over the top of the next round. After it fails to feed if you manually actuate the bolt it still will not pick up a round. We have tried several different magazines. This happens 1-3 times per magazine.

The ejection issue that I'm having is that the bolt occasionally catches a case as it closes.

The only changes from the factory A2 is that the barrel was changed from the factory 20" to a Colt 16"

Thanks Brad

I have Colt AR-15 A2 post ban that the bolt carries over the top of the next round. After it fails to feed if you manually actuate the bolt it still will not pick up a round. We have tried several different magazines. This happens 1-3 times per magazine.

The ejection issue that I'm having is that the bolt occasionally catches a case as it closes.

The only changes from the factory A2 is that the barrel was changed from the factory 20" to a Colt 16"

Thanks Brad

assuming that as noted in your post that the only change made was switching the barrel every thing else is the same.

first problem sounds like you did not install the barrel correctly which has caused the the gas tube to be off a little so its catching on that and its slowing down or pushing it to the side and even up . the barrel nut hole is not correctly in line with the gas port hole. there could also be a carbon build up on the flange of the tube as well .

did you switch your stock and are you using the correct buffer tube spring? if you switched to a carbine stock as well did you switch the buffer spring

second problem now your using a carbine so you may need to upgrade your extractor spring and insert check under your extractor and see if there is a black or blue insert in the spring if not thats probably the issue it also helps to add a o ring that fits around the spring

if you need these parts PM me.

bilbo is correct in his questions. The other thing to check is whether or not you have enough lube in the BCG.

What kind of mags are you running? Did this happen before switching the barrels?

By changing from a Rifle length gas system to a Carbine length, there can be problems where the BCG will go back far enough to extract the spent casing but not far enough to grab the next round. Are you still running the Rifle length stock, buffer and buffer spring? If so, you might want to consider switching to a carbine length buffer system. Contrary to popular belief, one can run a carbine spring and buffer in an A1/A2 stock if there is a spacer added that will limit the over travel of the carbine buffer.

More information will help us help you.

I gave it a thorough cleaning and disassembled and reassembled the upper. A day at the range and 250 rounds later only one issue, and that was a feed issue from an old service magazine I got from a buddy.

That Wolf ammo really dirties up a gun. :D

Thanks guys, Brad

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top