JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blue / SS? Box? Original hardware? Year of mfg (or s/n) ? Wear n tear?

Or you can go onto Gunbroker, find one similar to yours and see what people are asking for their's.

Finally, I read something fairly profound regarding these Colts: "A Colt revolver isn't like a vintage bottle of wine where the year is an indication of good or bad. Each revolver must be handled, felt and manipulated to know it's quality. Each revolver, regardless of the year it was made, rests upon it's own merits."

Stainless. Wish it wasn't. Aren't all Anacondas ss?
Box yes.
Need to check the year.

Normal wear.

My dad has a nickel Python with a 10 inch barrel, and a snub nose barrel. Comes in a wood box.

Their value has gone through the roof, be very careful about your selling price. I've recently seen pythons in the 2 to $5000.00 range, crazy I know, scary amount of money. All the snake guns are high. Have fun.

I wanted one since 1988. I won't sell this gun for any amount. My parents got me a smith .357 instead. It's a nice gun. Custom trigger work done, but the colt is fun.

Stainless. Wish it wasn't. Aren't all Anacondas ss?
Box yes.
Need to check the year.

Normal wear.

My dad has a nickel Python with a 10 inch barrel, and a snub nose barrel. Comes in a wood box.
as a reference: about 4 weeks ago Cabelas Gun Library (Nyberg Rd) had an Anaconda (it's gone now). It had been modified - ported or something - aftermarket. It was priced at $1600 if I remember correctly. Had it not been modified, it probably would go for $1900. Pythons - different universe. The snub Python with original box - I shudder to think what it would list at. Cabelas had one of those too recently - priced at like $3900. It sold. Other 4 and 6" Pythons at Cabelas are $2600 - $3400 range. Maybe we are seeing a Colt snake gun bubble.

I was born/raised to be a Colt man and have had some very nice examples of Colt's work but these days I only care about pragmatic practical~ness. I have said good by to all my sweet collectables , better to give them-up now before the havoc is 'cried'

Don't know what to advise on selling at current prices.
They are hot right now!

I wonder myself what my Pythons will bring when I finally sell them years from now?
Sure there hot now. But I don't need the money.

So I think I will hold out and not sell until the bottom falls out! :s0140:

Oh well. :s0092:
I can be buried with some nice steel I guess.

Last Edited:
I think that the price is going to remain very high for any snake guns! There will never be more made, it's a fixed number available! I always wanted a 4" Diamond Back. Probably never happen now!:(

Last I checked my Anaconda was $1500-$2500. I'm very fortunate not only because I inherited it from my grandfather, but also because I'll never sell any of the guns he left me.

This means I have to take it out, use it, and enjoy it regardless of market value :rolleyes:

:D

I wonder how much the rare, open topped Anaconda is worth, like this one that came into the shop that I worked at:

blown_up_gun.jpg

Kind of an interesting story on the topless Anaconda, the owner claimed he was using factory ammunition (from the box in the photo). Hard to tell, the cylinder was frozen, and the remaining case heads were hard to see.
He wanted it fixed under warranty, Colt claimed faulty ammunition, Winchester claimed faulty firearm.
I'm not sure how it all worked out...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads