Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Colt anaconda

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Oregonhunter5, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

Tell me what a colt anaconda in average shape is worth.

2. Lightning

Lightning Pasco Member

What caliber?

3. Oregonhunter5

Pretty sure they only made it in .44 mag

4. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

It was also made in .45 Colt.

5. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

$5-$5K

Get us pics and more info/details. Colt values are effected by many variables and the "rough idea what it's worth" without pics and info is pointless.

6. Oregonhunter5

No pic. 4.5 inch stainless average shape. Would you trade a unfired bushmaster for it?

7. Oregonhunter5

Well I made the trade with Armedurbanartist on this site. Nice gun. I've always wanted one these since I was 15. I'm happy.

8. Revolvers

Revolvers Eastside of Seattle Member

In the long run you won't lose with a discontinued gun, and a Colt also. Enjoy, I hope to have one myself one day soon.

9. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

I bought one when they first came out. They were all stainless that year my cost as a dealer was $400. Sold it a couple of years later to a good friend for the same price, thinking I could just get another. Wrong. Next time I looked the dealer price was $800.

It is the only 44 magnum I have shot that was as comfortable as a Dan Wesson to shoot, but not as accurate. My Bluebook (4 years old) says the early model (90-99) is $950 retail in new condition (retail), but that would vary a bit on how much one wants to pay, and what the seller wants. Add 10% for the 45 colt as it is more scarce. The 2002-2006 custom shop version runs a bit more.

The one thing I hated about the gun was the red ramp front sight, which for me made it hard to aim and I removed it as soon as I got it. Sweet otherwise.