JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
kinda a big difference between 'em.

i've shot/handled a colt new agent; really like it. quite a bit... pretty gun, too.
for carry, i have the XDs; damn thing barely weighs anything. does the job, sweet shooter.

Been very happy with my XDS :) I haven't had the Colt Agent but I have owned Officers models and Kimber Ultra sized 45s. I prefer the XDS over them.

427447_476591805685533_581854913_n.jpg

I had both. Sold the Agent. The XDs is a more modern design. I like to be able to pull and shoot. No safety to sweep off. The aluminum weight of the frame makes the Agent lighter than you would think. And the Agent has a double stacked recoil spring like the XDs and Glock 26. So no week spring problems like the colt officer has. Agent holds more ammo. but you can get extended mags for the XDs. Get rid of the beaver tail and the two are very close in size and weight. Now the deal killer! You can shoot something a long ways off with the nice XDs sights. And the fiber optic front sight is quick to sight. Agent? Just a trench slot cut in the top of the slide. No real sights. So it's a point and shoot deal. No sights dose make the Agent a slick gun with nothing to hang up on clothing. So are you a minamalistic, single action colt, kinda guy? Or do you want a few more features on your modern XDs? Less is more? Or, More is more?

Have both. Love the Colt, the history, the feel, the look. But it is not reliable enough for CC work in my opinion. It won't feed Gold Dots for love nor Money. I know what is wrong with it, loose firing pin stop and clocking extractor. I could get it working, but I would have to keep at it to keep it reliable. Google a gunsmith by the name of Hilton Yam. The XDS just works. 900 troble free rounds, Gold Dots, Cor-Bon flying ashtrays, eats them all.

The Colt is a Ferrari, a high maintenance thourobred that is sexy as hell. XDS is a Corvette. Not quite as exciting to some but always works and still kicks ***. Keep in mind this advice is based on my experience only. You may disagree, fair enough. But in general the 3 inch 1911's are considered to be tempermental mistresses. The 4 inch Commander models are more reliable. New Agent feeds Hardball fine all day long, but hollowpoints are iffy.

I guess if you are on a budget and want an inexpensive gun XDs would be adequate ... I am just not a big fan of plasic guns.. But once again when it comes to any firearm .. the perfect gun is the gun you like and feel safe with...so to me the best gun in the world is the gun i have on me on any particular time... No such thing as a generic gun everyone likes.. hence the reason there are 1000's of styles and brands.

JMHO

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top