JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
1) Colt Lawman Mk III, 4", blued. SOLD

2) Colt Trooper Mk III, 6", Nickel. WITHDRAWN

Sale to Oregon residents only, must be legal to own firearms. Must show ODL/valid ID. Preference given to CWP holders, buyers willing to meet me closer to Hillsboro area, and buyers with positive NWFA forum feedback. Cash, face to face transaction. Read my feedback - I won't do you wrong and I stand behind my sales. Make an offer if you want. All I can say is no, or, not answer, or accept it.

Last Edited:
up for sale a couple of the Colt 357 Mag revolvers to fund something else.

Quick overview: these are Mark III series revolvers. If you know your Colts, there was the older Python style lockworks - the old Colt "bank vault lockup" design. The hand and cylinder bolt work in tandem to hold the cylinder locked through ignition. Colt implemented a cost reduced more basic lockworks design in models like the Mark III. More typical of like S&W revolvers where the cylinder has a little movement in it, by design. Very robust revolvers. Never any question about Colt 357 magnum revolver design or metallurgy. Also in buying no longer produced Colt revolvers - grips matter. I've come to learn depending on the revolver, proper Colt medallion grips can run you hundreds of dollars, if you can find legitimate ones. Beware copies.

1) Colt Lawman Mk III, 4", blued. Very nice condition - bluing remarkable considering it's vintage. And the revolver is as it should be with proper Colt medallion grips. Lockup is as it should be for this design. It doesn't seem to have been shot much. Only 1 50 round box by me. $475

2) Colt Trooper Mk III, 6", Nickel. Very very nice condition. Nickel finish not 100% but close. Some minor blemishes here and there as you would expect from honest wear over the years. And proper Colt medallion wooden grips. I did replace the cylinder latch spring. I used gunsmith screw drivers, did it properly, and put in a proper Colt flat z-spring. I bought the revolver with a very worn latch spring. Now it's good. This Trooper has a very smooth trigger. $600

and I know what you want - pictures. Will do - I wanted to get the ad up. I will follow up with pics soon.

Sale to Oregon residents only, must be legal to own firearms. Must show ODL/valid ID. Preference given to CWP holders, buyers willing to meet me closer to Hillsboro area, and buyers with positive NWFA forum feedback. Cash, face to face transaction. Read my feedback - I won't do you wrong and I stand behind my sales.

and not sure if I wanted to post it or not - market seems soft for higher priced items.. but anyone interested in a Colt Python? 4", blue. Proper Colt Medallion Pachmayr grips (yep, some came standard with Colt medallion pachys). Only two minor specks in finish (not by me), otherwise, classic Colt blueing that you can gaze into and get lost in. No box. I'd be looking to get $1750 for it.

Dobeman, You might want to check, IIRC, When Colt went from the Trooper, to the Trooper MKIII, they redesigned the lockwork (no longer Python action) to reduce the amount of hand fitting.

Best,
Gary

Dobeman, You might want to check, IIRC, When Colt went from the Trooper, to the Trooper MKIII, they redesigned the lockwork (no longer Python action) to reduce the amount of hand fitting.

Best,
Gary
Yep, that's what I thought I said :) I was trying to point out that Mk III doesn't have older Python lockworks. Maybe I need to word-smith it to be clearer?

I didn't know you had a Python in your collection! I'm going to have to log that one away for when I win the lottery.

Yep, that's what I thought I said :) I was trying to point out that Mk III doesn't have older Python lockworks. Maybe I need to word-smith it to be clearer?

Dobeman,
What we need here, is for me to be up and awake for at least two hours. before I attempt to communicate in any manner requiring the thought process.

Best,
Garyo_O

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.