JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Colt Right Side copy.JPG Colt Left Side copy.jpg

I have a near twin of yours I purchased over 20 years ago. Marked "National Match", came before the Gold Cup. My SN is a little earlier than yours, at 24XXX. As I recall, when I checked into it back when I purchased, mine was made about 1967. Tight Slide to frame fit, nice crisp trigger, the little I fired it years ago it shot well and was accurate. Nice, deep polished bluing you rarely see on recently manufactured guns. As to value, I haven't seen one in recent years for under $1,500 that I recall, and the last real nice one I saw, close to new condition, in the box, had a price of around $2,300 as I remember within the last couple years. Those were asking prices, not sure if they sold at those prices. I'm keeping mine.

7508933E-61C4-463D-9015-21090D9EE46E.jpeg

If you throw a Colt Ace .22lr conversion slide on top of that NM frame, you have an excellent tack driver pistol to teach beginner shooters on the basic fundamentals of Colt 1911's.

colt 22 001.JPG

I have a near twin of yours I purchased over 20 years ago. Marked "National Match", came before the Gold Cup. My SN is a little earlier than yours, at 24XXX. As I recall, when I checked into it back when I purchased, mine was made about 1967. Tight Slide to frame fit, nice crisp trigger, the little I fired it years ago it shot well and was accurate. Nice, deep polished bluing you rarely see on recently manufactured guns. As to value, I haven't seen one in recent years for under $1,500 that I recall, and the last real nice one I saw, close to new condition, in the box, had a price of around $2,300 as I remember within the last couple years. Those were asking prices, not sure if they sold at those prices. I'm keeping mine.

View attachment 584156
Thanks for that info.. Wow You are a FAR BETTER photographer than I am. Must be the lighting ;)

My '68 Colt NM was given to me after digging it up out of the ground after being buried by a late friend of mine during the Y2K scare.

What do you find is the best way to sell firearms? Local or Internet?

Listing it in the WTS section of this forum could very well find you a local buyer. For a gun that is somewhat rare, especially if in real nice condition, or something specialized, it may likely bring more $ listed for sale or auction on a national forum such as GunBroker if you represent it well and include lots of good pictures, especially if you are a seller with lots of good feedback.

If I were selling mine, I would check out closed auctions on GunBroker to see if I could get a feel of what any actually sold for on there. Then consider if I was willing to go that route, or discount it an amount that may stimulate a local sale (your call on what that number is) and list it here on NW Firearms.

Mine was flawless and I sold it on this site. I did sit on it for a while.
The one Jbett98 shows doesn't look as nice as the Op's.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top